This Applications Developer will provide production support, maintenance and enhancements to our Transaction Processing, Accounting and Reconciliation systems using Java.
The Key Skills needed are:
• Core Java
• Design and implement new software components using best practices.
• Upgrade, improve and refactor software components based on new and changing requirements.
• Provide production support for Java based software products. Work closely with Operations staff to identify and fix real time issues.
• Will provide product installation support.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• 3-5 years of experience supporting and maintaining Java environments, ideally SQL/JDBC development; MySQL a plus.
• Must possess solid object-oriented design and implementation skills and have a strong knowledge of common design patterns.
• Must have strong user / customer interface skills along with solid written and oral communication skills.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science required.
• Should be a quick learner with excellent problem solving skills.
• Key Skills: Core Java, Spring, Hibernate, Multithreading, JMS.
• This is a fast-paced environment requiring a high level of responsibility to ensure timelines are met.
• Occasional travel and additional work time may be required from time to time.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a Contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Island Park, L.I., NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.