SQL Database Administrator
Responsible for Oversight of Database Development, Organization of Databases, Evaluation and Implementation of New Technologies, Long Term Planning for all Database Technology Initiatives as They Align with Business Needs.
• Monitor Systems Availability; Identify and Resolve Issues affecting Database Performance; Install and Test Patches / Upgrades and provide for Security and Data Encryption
• Also responsible for Maintenance, Performance Tuning and Preventive Care along with software installation and support for servers
• Work closely with Business Analysts, Quality Assurance and infrastructure Support for Database Strategy and Solutions
• Will provide Database Clones and Snapshots to support Development and Testing Teams
• Will seek out, evaluate, test and recommend new Database Products.
• Perform Logical and Physical Design and Implementation, Data Warehouse Design, Data Modeling, Capacity Planning and Design / Document Database Architectures
• Build Database Schemes, Tables, Procedures and Permissions; Oversee Backups, Clustering, Mirroring, Replication and Failover Procedures; Develop Database Utilities and Automated Reporting.
• Restoration and Recovery of corrupted databases (24/7 support for critical situations0.
• Responsible for Analysis, Sustaining Capacity and Performance Requirements, Database Consolidation and Tuning for Optimum Performance and Planning for future needs
• Support Multiple Environments for Development, Testing, Training and Production Releases of In-House and Vendor Supplied Packages.
• Responsible for all Disaster Recovery for Database Environments
• Communicate on a regular basis with Management for status updates / timeline issues
• Five + years of experience as a Production DBA in a SQL Server environment with at least three years of experience with Logical / Physical Data Design. Will have proven experience in the Design / Development and Installation of at least One Major System
• Will have worked within Cross-Functional Teams on Large-Scale projects
• Must have experience with Database Monitoring / Database Performance tools and will have worked in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
• Proven experience with Backup & Restore, Performance Tuning, and Stored Procedures, Active Directory, Replication Service, and Database Link Services. Any work with MS Analysis Services & Cubes is desired.
• SQL Configuration, Installation, and Performance Tuning / Troubleshooting as required along with Database-Client Connectivity including ODBC, JDBC…
• Solid knowledge of Windows PCs, Windows O/S, MS Office and related tools
• Server Virtualization, Linux, AIX and Shell Scripting experience are big plusses
• Experience in a Java Development environment preferred as is experience in warehousing or distribution environments
• Any experience with Hyperion, Business Objects and/or PeopleSoft is a plus.
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills from multi-tasking, fast paced environments
• Must be open to occasional travel
• Will have a BA/BS or equivalent experience; an advanced degree is a plus
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Huntington, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
(All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications)
Monday, November 21, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.