Sr. WAN Engineer (NY City, Downtown)We are seeking a Sr. WAN Engineer to be a part of our innovative Engineering Team who are dedicated to providing an “unmatched client experience”.
Are you looking for a company that will give you the opportunity to grow in your career as an Engineer? If so, our Firm’s Engineering Team is a small, close-knit, diverse group of qualified Engineers dedicated to delivering top quality support to all its clients. We encourage thinking outside the box, utilizing best practices, being flexible, and always working in a creative way.
· Supervision and Administration of a large Wide Area Network (WAN); ensuring the network infrastructure functions at optimal performance.
· Designs and supports complex level III network related initiatives related to remote site and Central WAN environments. Engineer will be required to work on complex configurations at campus and satellite locations throughout NYC. Subject Matter Expert (SME) will provide WAN support for initiatives that revolve around our CORE SONET backbone as well as initiatives that surround our Internet Services Provider (ISP) environment. Engineer must be able to configure Load Balancing for internal and external facing applications. Applicant must be able to support VoIP environments. Engineer will also be responsible for back-end network activities associated with all data center initiatives.
· Supervises multiple network modification projects in relation to Mainframe connectivity design, BGP architecture, Router/switch design and deployment, firewall design and implementation.
· Design collaboration for mainframe disaster recovery and support, and Verizon circuit design, support and deployment for administrative campus locations. Meets with and collects data from various departments and agencies in the creation of practical network modifications for design, development, testing and eventual implementation in the production environment.
· Plans, designs, configures, implements and manages Citrix/Thin Client solutions from within the core server farm infrastructure.
· Translates requirements into technical solutions that migrates fat client solutions to a centralized solution using Citrix and/or Terminal Services technologies.
· Performs day-to-day network administration tasks including network equipment installation, configuration, upgrades, testing and troubleshooting.
· Configures VLAN Trunking protocol on Cisco catalyst switches and creates native and auxiliary VLAN’s for data and voice traffic.
· Diagnoses problems, verifying servers/switches/router status, testing device connectivity, path trace, etc., using different network monitoring software, such as CiscoWorks.
· Provides documentation and tactical assistance for developmental, technical and operational support for internet security infrastructure.
· Monitors firewall performance and integrity and maintains and resolves all internet related technical issues concerning implementation of the Internet Firewall and the management of its related network security.
· Provides periodic internet traffic and security status reporting. Provides back-end LAN and security support for all internet and intranet infrastructure.
· Works closely with the Network Operations Center on new monitoring initiatives.
· Prepares network diagrams, floor plans and schematics using Visio.
· Designs and supports SONET environment for local and remote sites.
· Participates in architectural design and implementation of new technologies, such as VoIP, Blade centers, IPDVS, Virtualization, and others.
· Responds to emergency calls in the evenings and on weekends regarding WAN / LAN outages.
· CCNP (CCIE preferred)
· Knowledge of all Citrix Terminal Service Thin Client Solutions and technologies.
· Expertise and significant hands-on experience working with large LAN/WAN infrastructure and all LAN and WAN networking technologies, all Microsoft networking technologies, all TCP/IP networking, ISP design and configuration.
· Demonstrated skills in a MS Windows background.
· Hands-on experience and expertise with Cisco Nexus family of switches, Cisco Catalyst Switches 6xxx, 5xxx, 4xxx, 29xx, 19xx, RSM; Cisco Routers 7500, 7200, 4000, 3600, 2600, 2500, 800; Cisco VPN 3000 technology infrastructure; Ethernet, Frame Relay, T1, T3, ISDN; Routing protocols (RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP); and Firewall technology (PIX), Virtual Private Networks, Voice over IP, Class of service and quality of service and traffic flow classification.
· Candidate must have strong knowledge of DNS, HTTP, and NAT Protocols.
· Technical expertise in server technologies that deliver cores services to remote end users.
· Extensive networking industry experience in handling various switched and routed data networks & protocols in a multi-platform environment.
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in preparing reports, presentations and documentation.
· Ability to verbally translate and articulate complex technical issues for the advocacy of non-technical users.
· Experience implementing high bandwidth core server farms, and high level knowledge of core server redundancy technologies and standards.
· Experience in the development of technology standards for Architecture, Design and Implementation.
· Experience with SONET architecture and deployment using DWDM technology and monitoring tools.
· Experience in application/systems development, enhancement, maintenance, testing, production support using expertise on IBM mainframe technologies such as Web Connect, z/OS, VM, VTAM, TCP/IP, DLSw, APPN, DB2, IDMS, CICS, TSO, VPS
· In depth knowledge of Z-Series (and its predecessors) architecture, logical partitions (LPARs) and operating systems.
· Understanding with all stages of the software development cycle namely design, specification, coding, debugging, testing (test plan and test execution), integration and system testing, documentation and maintenance of the programs.
· Well versed with System Z, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), FTP, HTTP, HTTPS etc. In addition, must be experienced with network communication on z/OS.
· Expertise in configuring & handling CIP & OSA adapters in a Cisco based environment for the network attachment to IBM mainframe and to provide services such as TN3270 conversions & TCP/IP offload.
· Firm understanding of Project Management methodologies.
· Familiar with configuring IP stacks, VIPA, static & dynamic routing protocols with the mainframe environment.
· Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to NY City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.