Director, Networking & Communications
• Will oversee all aspects of managing networks and telecommunications for the company and will be responsible for global oversight of our communications systems.
• Will manage infrastructure design and implementation, strategic planning on voice and data initiatives and oversight of all vendor relationships.
• Will work with key business users and groups to insure effective collaboration and communication around enterprise infrastructure initiatives and will coordinate efforts with the other areas of Information Services that need their support.
• Develop enterprise network architecture design recommendations based on long-term technology strategies.
• Develop technical architecture solutions including major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features.
• Establish strategies, standards and guidelines for the core network environment.
• Partners with outside vendors to minimize cost and maximize service levels to ensure systems and network integrity. Develop, monitor and measures performance levels to provide quality services.
• Bridge the gap between business needs and technological solutions. Provides analysis and facilitates design sessions.
• Manages and maintains Cisco contact center infrastructure as well as other contact center systems.
• Actively work to reduce operating costs in telecommunication equipment, facilities and service through efficient design of global voice and data networks. Lead the evaluation and recommendations of new networking tools and equipment.
• Manage compliance and adherence to the budget and reviews all invoices and expenses for telecom equipment. Advises Senior Management on all regulatory and tariff changes that would have significant impact on the firm’s expenses.
• Meets company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performs all work related tasks in a manner to comply with all policies and procedures.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
• Minimum of 15 years experience with extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN architectures, design protocols, troubleshooting and analysis. Must have strategic management experience with a hands-on background in both data and voice.
• Must have experience in large scale corporate environments, ideally with call centers
• Must have significant experience with Cisco and Juniper product sets along with internetworking protocols, products and services including MPLS and Wireless.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of IP Convergence technologies including VOIP, SIP and FCOE, unified messaging experience a plus. Must have wireless, firewall management and network security experience
• Must be skilled at managing vendors and external partners such as Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, Juniper, etc...
• Fluent in the process required for the certification of networking hardware and software
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively; will have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Will have a demonstrated history of managing deliverables to meet project schedules.
• Must have the ability to manage, mentor, supervise and provide guidance, stability and leadership to a veteran team. Will be a high energy, hands on and self-motivated manager
• Must have proven experience using formal project management methods and reporting and will have solid experience managing and monitoring budgets.
• Certification in Network Engineering is preferred
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Farmingdale, L.I., NY. Relocation is NOT offered.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.