Network Administrator (LAN-WAN) (Nassau County, NY)
Certified Network Administrator-Engineer. Designs and maintains LAN/WAN environment by identifying business and technical requirements, performing upgrades, and monitoring network performance. Will recommend and implement improvements and enhancements to all systems. Will work with Level 1 & 2 Technicians to resolve and close issues. Must have experience throughout the full life cycle of projects.
- Manages Critical IT Projects from a hands-on point of view
- Install Operating Systems and Software
- Coordinate deployment of all Workstations and Servers.
- Recommends required Hardware, designs and configures Domain Controllers, Exchange Servers and coordinates daily maintenance.
- Design and implement secure communication circuits.
- Maintains documentation of all procedures and network changes.
- Maintain Network Performance through Network Monitoring and Analysis, Performance Tuning
- Upgrades systems through development, testing, evaluations, and installing enhancements.
- Troubleshooting Network Problems and if necessary escalating problems to Vendor.
- Strong, current experience with: Network Protocols, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Network Performance Tuning, LAN and WAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, VMware, Multi-Tasking.
- Knowledge of Firewalls: Checkpoint Firewalls, Dell SonicWall. Knowledge of Security issues; PCI training
- HIPAA knowledge
- Cisco Certification or equivalent training, Cisco IOS knowledge
- Microsoft Server Certification or equivalent required
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, No Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ