Senior Reporting Analyst / Report Writer (Farmingdale, NY 11735)
RESUMES WITHOUT FULL NAME AND CURRENT ADDRESS (CITY AND STATE,
A MINIMUM) WILL NOT BE REVIEWED
The Senior Reporting Analyst will have Ownership of the Innovation and Automation of Reporting Tools and Processes by Enhancing the Reporting Processes and Developing QA Processes for our World Class Data Initiative. Will Utilize Business Intelligence Tools and Processes to Access Data in Multiple Source Locations. Must have Advanced Spreadsheet Skills including Macros, Relational Database Knowledge and solid experience with Advanced Querying Languages. Will provide Analytical Insight into SKU Development Process and utilize His or Her Analytical Aptitude to Interpret Results and Communicate Performance on a recurring basis to Senior Management, the Executive Staff and the Board of Directors.
· Implements innovative and creative reporting solutions and techniques to communicate financial and operational performance to management team.
· Publish dashboard results, provide deeper analysis on SKU development progress via metrics and supplier level reporting to capture increased revenue from adding SKUs and support item graduation from DS Web to Stocked
· Develops and implements World Class Data (WCD) QA process to validate accuracy data for product SKUs and coordinates WCD QA process with Product Information team, serving up prioritized issues for resolution.
· Builds repeatable and automated processes, including queries, content, style and consistencies to support all future waves of World Class Data project.
· Leverages new product Taxonomy to build gross margin and profitability measurement tools highlighting top and bottom line opportunities.
· Plans, develops and implements decision support tools to drive sell price analytics and assist in establishing competitive pricing strategies and assess impact of discounting.
· Utilizes Project Management Skills and knowledge gathering platforms such as Voice of the Customer (VOC) and Focus Groups, to enhance recurring operational and month-end reports by working with internal customers and other cross-functional leaders to understand business needs. Works with IT to align reporting tools and content with those needs.
· Plans, develops and implements decision support and analytical tools to assist in identifying customer trends, service levels and performance hits & misses by utilizing advanced features of MS-Excel, MS-Access.
· Creates gross margin and profitability measurement tools along with interactive models and various scenarios to highlight top and bottom line opportunities.
· Interprets and communicates performance results monthly in an intelligent and clear manner to operational and senior managers by utilizing dashboards and drill-down reporting.
· Assists in the development of key performance metrics and measurement tools for key business initiatives for the product leadership team.
· Identifies and drives automation of repetitive reporting processes to deliver productivity improvements and reduce non value-added activities.
· Effectively retrieves reporting data from data warehouse and multi-dimensional cubes utilizing T-SQL, Visual Basic for Applications and other advanced querying languages.
· Creates self-service tools for end users providing direct access to data needed for routine requests utilizing Crystal Reports and WEBI.
· Works cross-functionally with corporate planning, accounting, data warehouse and IT teams to ensure alignment and execution of reporting deliverables and capabilities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Computer Science with applicable Reporting experience.
· Strong, Current Reporting Analysis and Report Writing experience is required. Two to three years of Lead or Supervisory experience is preferred
· Distribution/Retail experience with emphasis in Sales, Logistics, or Product Management Functions is preferred. Will have knowledge of Financial Metrics, Ratios, Profit & Loss Statements, and Balance Sheets.
· Business Objects-Crystal Reports is required.
· Business Objects-WEBI is required.
· Data Mining and Retrieval utilizing T-SQL is required.
· Advanced MS-Excel and MS-Access is required.
· Programming in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is preferred.
· Solid Organizational and Time Management Skills are required.
· Advanced Financial Modeling and Various Scenario Building is required.
· Excellent Analytical Skills and Problem-Solving Ability is required.
· Ability to Prioritize Multiple Requests/Projects and Manage Workload to Meet Deadlines is required.
· Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills are required.
· Project Management Skills and knowledge of MS-Project is preferred.
This is a permanent, full time position. All candidates MUST be local to Farmingdale, Long Island, NY. Do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation. Relocation will not be considered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorship or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with all of these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ