Cisco Network Engineering Architect
The Network (Cisco) Engineering Architect will be responsible for the design and engineering of a Large-Scale Global Data Network. Candidates must have Cisco Technology Expertise and Certification
· Proven ability to Deliver Architectures that incorporate High Availability, Operations Supportability and Scalability (Technology Life Cycle Perspective)
· Ability to Conduct Complex Systems Analysis and Translate User Requirements into Business Solutions and to Produce Blueprints for Complex, Large-Scale, Integrated Networks. Will deliver Detailed Network Assessments, Design, Cost Analysis, Implementation Strategies, Timelines and Configuration Guidance to Project Teams
· Will capitalize on knowledge of Current Technological Trends and Developments in the areas of SDN and Cisco ACI, knowledge of the Cisco Product Portfolio, and on working knowledge of Enterprise and Carrier Networking Technologies
· Ability to Manage Large Scale Projects while making use of strong Analytical and Troubleshooting Skills
· Provide Budgetary Costs and Labor Estimates Associated with IT Capital Infrastructure Projects
· Will conduct Technical Training to Engineering and Support Teams
· BA/BS Degree; Advanced Degree preferred along with extensive, current hands-on experience designing, implementing and operating complex network environments in support of large-scale corporate environments.
· CCNA and/or CCNP Certification is required
· In-depth knowledge of security best practices in large-scale environments
· Will have current experience with Cisco Nexus Switching Platform with NX-OS expertise and Catalyst 6500 and 38xx Switch Platforms with IOS expertise along with Cisco Centric Complex Data Center Network Infrastructure Design and Support
· Will be working with Cisco WAN ASR and ISR Routing Platforms supporting diverse technologies such as MPLS, VPN, Dynamic Routing Protocols OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP
· Experience working with HSRP, Multicast, IPSEC, Site to Site VPN, TCP/IP, NTP, SNMP, Policy-Based Routing, Ether-Channel, QoS, traffic-shaping and TFTP
· Solid knowledge of Security Technologies (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, etc.)
· Will have experience with most of the following: Cisco ASA/FWSM Firewalls; Cisco Wireless Technologies, Load Balancing Technology supporting F5 BIG-IP GTM/LTM Load Balancers and Cisco ACE, DNS Design and Troubleshooting (InfoBlox), WAN Optimization – Cisco WAAS, Cisco Unified Computing System, IP Telephony, VOIP and SIP, High Definition Video Conferencing/Collaboration Technologies, SolarWinds, Cisco UCS Central, Cisco UCS Director, Source Fire, Wireshark, Cisco ACS, Cisco Prime, Scrutinizer, Microsoft Office and Visio
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; solid interpersonal, conflict resolution, presentation, and customer service skills and excellent attention to detail is required
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ