Network Engineer (Cisco) – Huntington, NY
Our International Firm, with a State of the Art Data Center / Technology Environment is seeking a Network Engineer (Cisco) who will be responsible for Design and Support of all Networking requirements. This is an opportunity to work with the latest technology and with other Engineers who are at the top of their game.
• Research and development of the the latest networking technologies: Mobility Technologies, IP Video Distribution, WIMAX wireless, etc.
• Network topology design creation and development of standards for Implementation and Support groups
• Level 3 Support for all Global Networking Technologies
• The role requires that the engineer provide an (on-call)
• Address escalated support requests from the GNOC and Helpdesk staff
• Occasional travel (+/-20%) is required
• 5-7 years of Network Engineering experience in a large scale environment
• Must have thorough experience (current) with Cisco Hardware & Software
• Extensive experience with Routing, Switching, Firewalls (Juniper) and Wireless Technologies (Aruba)
• Network Analysis experience is a must have
• Working knowledge of Cisco QOS
• Will have some experience with Sniffer / Network Monitoring tools
• Knowledge of / experience with Cisco LMS, JunOS, KIWI Cat Tools, Riverbed Steelhead, Blue Coat Proxy…
• Bachelors Degree (or equivalent work experience), advanced degree a plus
• Should have Cisco Certifications (CCNP or higher)
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Huntington, L.I., NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.