Sr. Information Security Engineer (Long Island, NY)
· The Sr. Information Security Engineer will act as an internal information security resource for the firm.
· Will have the responsibilities of performing risk assessment, compliance monitoring, and insuring that the organization is kept current with changing information security requirements and regulations.
· Will be responsible for activities that serve to provide appropriate access to and protect the confidentiality and integrity of customer, employee, and business information in compliance with organization policies and standards.
· Will initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to create information security awareness within the organization
· Perform information security risk assessments and serves as an internal auditor for security issues
· Implements information security policies and procedures for the organization
· Reviews all system-related security plans throughout the organization's network, acting as a liaison to Information Systems
· Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained
· Documents security policies and procedures created by the Information Security Committee
· Monitors compliance with information security policies and procedures, referring problems to the appropriate department manager
· Monitors advancements in information security technologies
· Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect information security
· Coordinates the activities of the Information Security Response Team
· Provides direct training and oversight to all employees, affiliate marketing partners, alliances, or other third parties, ensuring proper information security clearance in accordance with established organizational information security policies and procedures
· Advises the organization with current information about information security technologies and related regulatory issues
· Must have at least 5 years of Information Security experience and Information Security Industry Certification(s) (e.g. ISC2, GIAC, CISSP, CISM)
· Information Security Systems software/hardware (IDS, WAF, Firewall, proxy)
· Knowledge of advanced technology, systems design and overall understanding of hardware technology, the development process and systems design.
· Network/server/telecommunications administration experience
· Research and development of application and systems integration, secure coding and threat modeling
· Development of Information Security strategy and architecture.
· Background in interfacing with management, recommending approaches and solutions to complex problems.
· Business and technical expertise, extensive programming and systems knowledge: Windows/Linux/Unix OS administrative experience
· Ability to develop and implement information security standards and procedures, develop, coordinate, and evaluate security programs, to recommend information assurance/security solutions, and to identify, report, and resolve security violations across the Enterprise
· Experience developing, implementing, and conducting Information security programs, policies, processes, and procedures
· Absolutely must have advanced English verbal and written communication skills.
This is a permanent, full time position. All candidates MUST be local to Long Island, NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications