Data Scientist and Analytics Developer, R (Island Park, NY 11558)
- Nassau County B2B Business Services Firm seeks a seasoned Data Scientist / Analytics Developer to manage our data assets and provide reporting/analysis tools and new algorithms to solve data problems
- Strong, current experience with R is a must have.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable skills in R, Python, SQL, SSIS, ODBC, JDBC, REST, JSON, and Excel.
- Using current skills from commercial B2B environments the Data Warehouse & Reporting Analyst will develop and enhance current and future data, integration, and intelligence infrastructure.
- Must be a highly analytical thinker, a successful communicator with creativity, integrity and the ability to perform independently and through teamwork
- Will be responsible for establishing and enforcing enterprise data and reporting standards with an emphasis on data integrity, security, and stewardship
- Will contribute to data mining architectures, modeling standards, reporting and data analysis methodologies; will collaborate with stakeholders to integrate data mining results with existing systems.
- Responsible for providing data structure, integration and intelligence solutions
- Will monitor data mining system performance and implement improvements to enhance efficiency.
- Ideally will have experience with Business Intelligence; will develop and maintain reporting and intelligence products
- Develop quality code and create solutions aimed at maintainability and extensibility
- BA/BS Degree, Advanced Degree a plus. Will be skilled in Mathematics, Statistics, Correlation, Data Mining, and Predictive Analysis.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable skills in R, Python, SQL, SSIS, ODBC, JDBC, REST, JSON, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel. Java experience is a plus.
- Must have current, strong relational database and data modeling skills
- Will have scripting experience and/or high level programming language experience.
- Will have experience with R or other Statistical Packages and solid Data Visualization skills
- Will be detail-oriented with the ability to work collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment while effectively managing multiple projects / priorities in a timely manner
- Ideally will come from a commercial B2B business environment
- Absolutely must have excellent English communication skills
This is a permanent, full time position, NOT A CONTRACT
All candidates MUST be local to Island Park, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with ALL of these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ