Senior Presales Network Engineer (CCIE) Hauppauge, NY
· This individual MUST have an active CCIE Route/Switch Certification and not be associated to a Cisco Partner Company or be able to get a release signed from the Cisco Partner Company they are working for.
· This is a client-facing role focused on developing Cisco-Centric Networking, Security and Wireless Solutions. The Presales Engineer will be required to stay current on industry best practices, emerging technologies and manufacturer technology offerings. Will perform a broad range of tasks related to successful presales functions and designs including:
· Network and Wireless Architecture and Design
· Network and Wireless Readiness Assessment
· Bill of Materials Generation
· Proposal Development
· Presentation of Solutions to Clients
· Presentation Recommendations to Clients Regarding Networking Configuration
· Development of the Project Scope
· Working with our Sales and Technical teams to prospect and develop Networking and Wireless opportunities including high-level design, statement of work and bills of materials
· Responsible for engaging Cisco Sales and Technical Contacts as required for knowledge and business development for Networking, Security and Wireless Solutions
· Provide advanced presales support for networking opportunities
· Participate in client calls with Sales Specialists and Account Executives
· Translate complex business requirements into Network solutions
· Provide advice regarding architectural questions, product prerequisites, product features, etc.
· Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and technical needs
· Continue training to maintain expertise
· MUST have an active CCIE Route/Switch Certification
· Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science and strong, current Technology / Networking experience
· Will have a minimum of seven years of related Network, Security and Design and Implementation experience for mid-size and enterprise environments.
· Strong expertise in Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series, Cisco 4500 Series, Cisco Catalyst 3750X, 3560 and 2960S Series Switches
· Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, 802.11 wireless access points, Wireless LAN Controllers and load balancers
· Must have strong knowledge with networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, QoS, multicast, 802.11, IPsec, Frame Relay, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, T-1/E-1, BRI/PRI, MPLS, dial-up services, and caching services.
· Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable network architectures, with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery
· Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, including packet-level traffic analysis
· In-depth understanding of network security and access control
· Strong attention to detail in regards to Architecture Design, Bill of Material development, Project Planning and Documentation
· Strong Organizational Skills. Exceptional client management skills
· Exceptional work ethic
· Ability to apply judgment, implement solutions, and resolve conflicts, all in a multi-tasked environment
· Ability to assist sales in a highly competitive field
· Ability to grow and cultivate a highly-performing technical staff
· Must be open to local / regional travel
· Absolutely must possess excellent verbal, written and presentation communications skills
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ