Resumes without full name and current address (city and state a minimum) will not be reviewed.
Resumes with abbreviated career history or only partial career history will not be considered
Linux Systems Administrator needed to Manage Systems, Storage, and Network Infrastructure for an extremely large Clustered Network Environment in New York City. Will be responsible for very large Server and Cluster Environments (Thousands of Cores / GPUs), Petabytes of Storage, and High-Performance LANs / WANs. The accepted will ideally come from an extremely large-scale installation and will have extensive experience with Linux, File Systems, Networking and Processes for the Administration of Linux Systems. Will also have solid Programming and Scripting knowledge and experience.
· Will be responsible for Physical and Virtual Servers, all Security Issues, Operating Systems, Network Equipment, Systems Monitoring, Backup and Inventory along with Software and Applications
· Will assure Systems Performance, Stability and Reliability by using Hardware, Software, Application and Management Tools, Upgrades, Patches, etc…
· Communicate with End Users and coordinate with other Members of the Technology Staff during recovery efforts if system problems or failures occur. Responsible for the Troubleshooting, Repair and Recovery from any/all Hardware, Software and Service failures.
· Monitor the firm’s Technology Infrastructure and the response or escalation of events and issues which may require immediate troubleshooting and resolution.
· Provide Linux Provisioning, Installation/Configuration, Operation, And Maintenance of Systems Hardware, Software and Infrastructure while assuring adherence to Organizational Standards.
· Will be responsible for Onsite Service and Support needs relating to all Technology including: Workstations, Servers (Physical and Virtual), Printers, Networks, and Vendor Specific Hardware and Software.
· Participate in Technical Research and Development to Enhance Innovation.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. Advanced Degree strongly preferred. Must have demonstrable intellectual achievements. A history of Publications and/or Presentations is highly desired.
· Must have strong, current Linux Systems Engineering / Administration experience. Will have solid Hardware, O/S, Network and Application Troubleshooting and Tuning expertise.
· Will have thorough experience with: TCP/IP Networking, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, iptables, IPSec, OpenVPN, Radius, DHCP, DNS (bind), proxy servers, load balancers Wi-Fi and VoIP
· Will have current knowledge and experience with one or more Scripting Languages
· Demonstrated expertise in developing system requirements, diagrams, implementation plans, documentation, and in troubleshooting operational procedures.
· Will have current skills with Open Source Tools, Programs & Protocols: Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Java, SSL/TLS & Certificates, OpenSSL, OpenSSH, OpenLDAP, Cacti, Nagios, Bind, Alfresco, CIFS, Samba, NFS, iSCSI, LPR/LPD/CUPS, rsync, Amanda, Dirvish, Syslog, SNMP, SMTP/Sendmail, ClamAV, Squid, KVM Virtualization.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team. Must have the flexibility to work on multiple, concurrent projects in a time sensitive environment.
· Absolutely must have excellent English communication skills (verbal & written).