QA Test Engineer
• Responsible for evaluation and testing of new or modified software and applications to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines.
• Will Develop System Test Plans, Document and Execute Test Cases. Will identify and track defects/bugs, re-test systems, manage production releases, and perform post implementation review.
• While working in Agile or Waterfall Methodology Environments, will be responsible for the overall quality of products as they are released into production.
• Demonstrate released software/products to Users/Stake Holders
• Experience interfacing/collaborating with Developers, Product/Project Managers and Users/Clients at all levels. Will have experience demonstrating of completed products/software
• Will have hands-on experience with manual and automated testing, writing test scripts/test cases, developing test plans, conducting QA Audits and Tracking Metrics
• Will have a solid understanding of Operating Systems, Databases, Development Tools and Environments
• Should have a working knowledge of Development languages, XML and SQL Query Development
• Experience with Web and Mobile Front End, Application Middleware, Database and Back End Testing Environments
• Automation, Record and Play Back (QTP), Scripting, etc. experience is a plus
• Will have a solid grasp of MS Office
• Must have Solid Organizational, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills. Will be a detail Oriented, Efficient, and highly productive self starter. Will be Resourceful and Self-Motivated
• Business Analysis/Systems Analysis, System Design, Application Development and Deployment is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to Multi-Task, Manage Priorities and Complete Assigned Tasks On-Time in Fast-Paced Environments
• Must have strong English Communication Skills, both Oral and Written and the ability to Communicate equally well with Technical and Non-Technical Users
• Experience working within an Agile Scrum or Waterfall Environment is preferred
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Lynbrook, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.