Customer Engineering / Technology Service Delivery Manager
The Customer Engineering/Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of our Engineering team in NY and will work with our Project Management division to oversee project staffing and operations during the delivery of external client networking engagements. Success in this role requires expertise in delivering technology solutions and involves significant customer interaction and requires strong technical, organizational, communication, leadership, and client relationship skills.
· Will manage overall operations of the NY Engineering Team with responsibility for solution deployment, technical requirements determination, resource allocation, project performance and profitability, scheduling, budgeting, customer issue resolution and overall client satisfaction.
· Oversee Project Management (smaller projects) and ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget
· Meeting and improving cost, schedule, performance and quality requirements
· Revenue calculation and reporting including measuring and analyzing utilization and realization
· Service reporting, including key performance/goal indicators
· Manage, develop, train, and mentor team on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
· Career development and technical certifications/skills planning for team.
· Process development and implementation.
· Assist with Business planning and development
· Conduct yearly performance reviews.
· Work closely with clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities, and recommendations regarding business and IT process optimization and profit improvement.
· Maintain active communication with clients and other teams to manage expectations ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
· Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
· Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients.
· A minimum of 5 years experience managing professional services delivery of networking solutions from definition through execution, measurement and reporting of results either as an Senior Network or Systems Engineer or Project Manager
· A minimum of 3 years people management experience including training, development, mentorship and day-to-day responsibility of technical / engineering teams.
· Strong technical background in the areas of IT infrastructure solutions including server, email, network, and storage technologies (virtualization, consolidation, unified communications, security, etc.)
· Experience and demonstrated success working with external clients to develop and implement technical solutions.
· Ability to manage and report on project metrics and profitability analysis a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science preferred; advanced degree is a plus
· Formal project management training and/or PMI certification a plus
· Strong client interaction, interpersonal and leadership skills and experience
· Absolutely MUST have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Islandia, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.