User Interface Designer / Developer
• Create User-Centered Designs that make User's interaction with the site as simple and efficient as possible.
• Will develop intuitive interfaces which do not distract the User from their desired tasks
• Using Graphic skills and tools balance visual and technical elements to create a system that is operational, usable and adaptable to changing User needs.
• Passion for elegant and intuitive user interface design is a Must
• Extensive contact with internal Users/Stakeholders to review designs with, solicit and synthesize feedback, and revise and improve design concepts through iterative UI prototyping and UI walkthroughs.
• Will gather information about how Users/Customers use our products; continuously draw from these findings to create designs that genuinely work for our users.
• Make design decisions based on feedback from usability studies, web analytics usage patterns and customer feedback.
• Analyze data and user feedback gathered during test stages and post launch to initiate changes that drive usage and enhance User experience.
• Create conceptual sketches, wireframes, visual mockups and interactive prototypes of complex workflows that communicate design concepts across multiple delivery platforms, i.e., browser, smart phone, tablet, social media, etc.
• Lead UI design sessions with business and IT Teams; apply user experience (UX) and usability principles throughout the design process of user interface architectures with a multi-platform mindset.
• Lead and participate in UI design and code reviews; ensure UI approaches enable SEO and content management strategies; identify and address UI performance bottlenecks.
• Ensure the adoption of consistent design and user experience standards/best practices.
• Proven, current experience building web applications / user interfaces required
• Strong understanding of UI design principles and human factors required.
• Strong attention to detail with a commitment to delivering effective web-based design under tight time constraints.
• High level of detail-orientation with strong commitment to cross-browser and cross-platform testing, troubleshooting and quality assurance required.
• Strong ability to write reusable code for UI components required.
• Technology needed: JSP, Scripting Languages (Flash, PHP, Python, Perl, etc.), performance debugging, benchmarking tools (Firebug preferred), experience with multiple image and graphic design tools along with experience generating interactive prototypes
• Should have a knowledge of Mobile Development (iPhone, iPad or Blackberry)
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field required.
• Ensure designs are technically feasible,
• Play a key role in the definition, design, and implementation of our platform, web sites, and shared templates while ensuring technical compliance with standards
• Should have leadership experience in cohesive team environments
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field; advanced degree a plus
• Absolutely Must have strong English oral and written communication skills
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Huntington, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
(All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications)
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.