VP, IT / CIO
Major International Firm is seeking a Vice President, Information Technology / CIO for a Long Island based Division. The selected candidate will be a proactive member of the Leadership Team and will be responsible for ensuring that all strategies and deliverables are fully integrated into the corporate environment. This Division has an annual operating expense budget of $35M+.
• Will directly supervise 9 Senior Direct Reports with a global team of 125+ people.
• Responsible for all aspects of IT strategy and delivery of all activities and initiatives aligned to support business improvement and profitable growth while delivering IT safety, compliance, customer service, change management and cost efficiency.
• Ensure that all technology activities are performed in a safe and compliant manner, meeting all internal and external standards including Sarbanes Oxley.
• Creation and Delivery of the Global IT Strategy to align with and support business strategies and process improvement goals.
• IT Service Delivery with a focus on IT Customer Service and Best Cost, IT Strategic Planning, Functional Transformation and Annual Operating Plan targets.
• Management of Global Staff, to ensure a focus on identifying required needs, working with staff on learning and personal development
• Proactively lead the IT related change teams to successfully deliver the agreed business benefits within the budget change cost and with minimal business disruption.
• Partner with the Business Leadership, Marketing and Technology Teams to deliver ePresence, with a focus on Global Web and working with R&D on innovative new products.
• Partner with Business Teams to deliver all IT activities associated with mergers, acquisitions and divestments.
• Deliver a performing technical infrastructure at by managing local staff and resources and partnering with Corporate Global IT Services.
• Support the business initiatives in emerging regions and leverage internal and external emerging region resources to deliver best practice processes.
• Ensure that IT processes are integrated as appropriate with Corporate IT processes.
• Leverage internal and external benchmarking to identify leading industry practices to drive continuous improvement.
• +/- 10 years of Senior IT Leadership experience
• Proven experience using Six Sigma or ITIL or similar tools for driving continuous improvement.
• Experience in visioning, set up and delivery of ePresence /eCommerce related change programs ideally in both business to business and business to consumer web environments.
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, SAP, BPCS or JDEdwards would be ideal
• Strong business acumen and credibility, including experience leading in a non IT environment.
• Leadership of major business change programs, ideally including a major ERP systems change with a demonstrable track record of success illustrating the ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple business projects on time and within budget.
• Experience working in a matrix environment and managing global teams with excellent interpersonal, business partnership, team building and all round leadership skills.
• Process and customer focused, results driven with a positive can do attitude.
• Proven track record as CIO / Senior IT Leader, ideally in a Manufacturing, Distribution or related firm
• Experience within a Global Company / Global Role
• Experience with a firm that has successfully increased revenue through their ePresence/ Web Strategies & where this individual was instrumental in that effort
• Strong demonstrated Leadership Skills; Influencing Skills are Critical
• Strong Business Partnering Skills / ability to demonstrate leading significant beneficial change for an organization where IT has a seat at the Leadership Table.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Long Island, NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.