Senior Systems Engineer – Virtualization
We are looking for an experienced and motivated technical professional to join our team as a Senior Systems Engineer. Our Systems Engineers are responsible for creating and delivering technology solutions for our clients. This includes the design, configuration, installation, integration and troubleshooting of desktop and server solutions. This position involves significant customer interaction and requires strong organizational, communication, leadership, and client relationship skills. Must have experience delivering solutions across a broad range of technologies (from pre-sales through implementation) and support for external clients.
• Performing detailed client site surveys and providing documentation of existing network and server environments
• Installing and integrating hardware and software into existing Server and Storage environments. This includes establishing network, file server access, configuration of email and print server connectivity
• Participate in pre-sales activities and solution development (assist with analyzing client needs / technical requirements, recommending design/solution options, facilitate the preparation and delivery of presentations, proposals, and defining scope of work).
• Hands on configuration, implementation, troubleshooting and problem resolution of proposed solutions
• Physical network troubleshooting – drops, switch ports, switches, crimping cables, terminating cables, etc.
• Create “leave-behind” documentation of solution specifics for client use.
• Design, implementation and post implementation support services on projects.
• Ability to quickly understand the architecture and design of complex technology solutions.
• Staying abreast of current technologies through all available resources including Internet, trade publications, and/or user groups/associations.
• Mentoring of junior engineers/technicians as needed.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience delivering technical solutions (from pre-sales through implementation) and/or support to external clients.
• Solid, current knowledge and hands-on experience with Citrix XenServer/XenDesktop 4-5 and/or VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi, vCenter, VDI/View 4.0/4.1/4.6 design and implementations.
• Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 Certified (MCSE/MCITP) with extensive experience with Microsoft products: Windows XP/7/2000/2003/2008 Server, Office, IIS, SQL Server.
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003/2007/2010
• Strong knowledge of SAN storage solutions (EMC, Equallogic/Compellent, NetApp, HP/LeftHand, IBM).
• Strong Networking experience working with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP and WINS.
• Solid understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies, Global Catalogs, Directory Replication and security for design and deployment in heterogeneous and homogenous environments.
• Sound understanding of technical concepts across a range of technologies including Desktop software, Internet Browser software, Microsoft BackOffice applications, LAN, WAN and communication networks.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot Microsoft networking, server issues and Cisco networking issues using appropriate monitoring and diagnostic tools.
• Solid understanding of Industry Best Practices Policies.
• Ability to be proactive and work professionally in a pressured, diverse and growing environment
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Customer-oriented and maintains an ethical and professional relationship with clients
• Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail and quality awareness, and professional demeanor
• Multi-tasking and time management skills, strength at setting priorities, a problem solver and able to self-manage and self-motivate
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Islandia, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
Sunday, July 1, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.