Will be responsible for design, development, installation, Performance tuning and maintenance of, production databases to ensure high levels of data availability. Will oversee database policies and procedures ensuring the integrity and availability of databases and related software.
- Day-to-day Management and Support of Production Databases, Data Warehousing and Data Marts
- Enterprise-Wide ownership of all SQL Server Performance Tuning and Maintenance tasks; Monitor SQL Server health, growth, and Proactively Manage Enterprise Data Systems with a Goal of 100% Uptime
- Hands - On Development of Strategic Performance Dashboards & Reports using SSIS, SSRS & SSAS. Hands - On Management of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Tools and Jobs
- Gather Functional Specs and Business Requirements for New Programming Tasks including DTS Packages, Stored Procedures, Triggers, etc.
- Extract, Load and Join Data from Multiple Databases. Create, Maintain and Organize Knowledge Base of existing Data Systems Documentation. Administer SQL Server User Accounts, Roles and Permissions
- Efficiently produce ad-hoc SQL Based Reports in an on-demand environment
- Assist in Design, Development, Implementation and Maintenance of Web and Non-Web Based Apps
- Strong, Current SQL Database Administration and Development along with Solid Skills in Data Analysis, Reporting and Relational Database Design of SQL Server 2000 to Current
- Current experience with T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), Cubes
- Experience with Replication, DTS/SSIS, Index Management, and Statistics. Reporting experience using SSRS and Crystal Reports
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using Native Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) Options for SQL Server
- Experience in Scripting the Implementation of Operational Automation
- Solid experience with Computer Security Procedures and Protocols
- Solid Organizational, Analytical, and Problem Solving Skills with a Demonstrated Ability to Prioritize Tasks
- Must Have Strong Interpersonal, Communication, Analytical and Documentation Skills
- Experience with VMware and SAN Disk Configuration Relating to SQL is a Plus
- Experience with VB and VBA Programming is a Plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of Education and Work Experience, Advanced Degree a Plus
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Manhasset, Long Island, NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.