Windows Administrator (Midtown Manhattan)
Responsible for Operational Support, Architectural Design,Server Maintenance, Backup, Planning and Integration for a Windows Server Environment.Will have Enterprise-Wide Responsibility for all Windows Related Architecture including Assisting with Desktop Deployment and Design Practices.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Minimum of five years of experience as a Windows Administrator.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Services, Advanced Degree a Plus
· Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority.
· Hands-On Expertise with Active Directory, Microsoft Clustering, Dell/Cisco Server Hardware, VMware 4.x/5, Exchange 2010, F5 Big IP, Microsoft SQL Server, Group Policy, and Blackberry Enterprise Server.
· Strong knowledge of Active Directory including DHCP, DNS, and Replication.
· Client software experience: Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office suite products.
· In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, VMware, and SAN storage platforms and protocols.
· Exp. With Server Consolidations, Backup and Recovery, and associated best practices for implementation.
· Perform Operating System installations, upgrades and maintain all applications using tools such as WSUS.
· Implement server and storage consolidation/migration as necessary.
· Experience with the implementation of automated system monitoring tools.
· Ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects.
· Microsoft and/or VMware Certifications a Plus.
· Must Have:
Windows Server 2008
Exchange 2007/2010 (2010 is Preferred)
VMware (ESX / ESXi)
· Should Have:
SAN / NAS
WSUS / Patch Management
Server Hardware: Dell/HP/Cisco UCS
· Nice to Have:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM / GP
SAN Technologies : NetApp, EqualLogic, ISCSI
CommVault Simpana 9
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
Knowledge of the financial markets
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to NY City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your
Relocation is NOT offered.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.