Sr. Network Engineer
Engineering Management is seeking a Senior Network Engineer with +/- 3-5 years experience with as many of the following technologies as possible:
• Wintel Servers/Desktops
The selected candidate will be well-rounded, highly technical and capable of performing independently under minimal supervision and will also work well as a team member in support of Operations initiatives The ideal candidate will be Certified (CCNP/CCVP) or have the equivalent hands-on experience.
• Will Plan, Design, Install and Maintain our WANs, LANs, VoIP and Network Security Infrastructure
• Will be involved in the Planning, Design, Installation and Operational Support (2nd Level Support) for all areas of the technology infrastructure.
• Will Ensure that Best Practices are in use by all Network Security and Related Devices along with all Desktops and Servers.
• Daily involvement in Network Design, Monitoring, Analysis of Network/Infrastructure issues and Security Related Alerts and Events
• Regular close interaction with the Information Security Office is necessary to ensure seamless upgrades and installations of new security features and systems
• Constantly provide support and expertise during Security Reviews and Risk Assessments
• Must have Solid Project Skills to Manage and Provide Resolution for Technical Issues.
• Must be open and flexible to occasional off site work at remote locations which may result in extended stays away from home. There will also be times when off-hour work; including nights and weekends may be necessitated.
• Proven technical experience in as many of the following areas as possible:
• Cisco Routers/Switches
• Cisco Call Manager/Unity VOIP
• Wintel Servers/Desktops
• Proven experience Installing, Configuring, Hardening Testing:
• Cisco IOS
• Windows Server 2003/2008
• Windows XP/7
• Wireless devices
• Will be well versed with Dynamic Routing Protocols such as EIGRP & OSPF, NAT, Access-Lists, and Route Redistribution
• Thorough understanding of various
• In-Depth, Hands-On Experience with VOIP Protocols/Services including: SIP, MGCP, H.323, and/or SCCP
• Must have Solid English Communication Skills, Both Oral and Written along with the Ability to Effectively Communicate with Users/Customers at All Levels
• Will have a BA/BS, preferably in Computer Science; Advanced Degree a plus. Experience within A financial Services firm is also a plus
Nice to Have Skills:
Experience with any of the following technologies are pluses:
• McAfee IPS
• Cisco VPN
• Juniper SA SSL VPN
• Exchange 2010
• Symantec Enterprise Vault
• Symantec NetBackup
• Sun Solaris
• NetApp Storage
• Active Directory
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to NY City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
(All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications)
Monday, March 5, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.