Business Analyst / Quality Assurance Tester
• Write systems specifications and provide testing of in-house applications which include Equity Trading, Fixed Income Trading, Portfolio Accounting, Security Maintenance, Reconciliation, Compliance, etc…
• Will translate business needs into detailed written requirements for the Developers.
• Work closely with Users to Define Needs, Provide Business Analysis, Prioritize Deliverables and Provide Technical Support
• Respond to requests for retrieval and compilation of information from the firm's database systems
• Respond to requests for any projects that might utilize spreadsheets, database tools and related software.
• Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with Users at all levels
• Test deliverables to ensure that they meet the Users needs
• A BA/BS is required, ideally in Computer Science or Information Systems. Advanced Degree a Plus
• Must have Strong Technical Skills including Knowledge of Database Design and Programming (This position does not involve Programming)
• Must have a Strong, Current Knowledge of Testing Methodologies along with Strong Problem Solving Skills
• Will be able to function in various capacities concurrently: Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Data Analyst, Tester
• Will have a Solid Grasp of SQL and Relational Database Technologies
• Any experience with Eagle STAR, Eagle Pace is a big plus
• Must have Very Strong English Communication Skills along with Demonstrated Ability to Interface with Users, both Technical and Non-Technical at All Levels
• Must have Strong Problem Solving Skills and the Ability to Prioritize Multiple Tasks Simultaneously
• The Ideal Candidate will have experience in Financial Services and a Knowledge of Securities (Equities, Fixed Income or Derivatives preferred)
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to NY City
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa Sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.