• Will Design, Implement, Maintain and Support solutions in an Enterprise Network environment to support the firm’s systems and applications.
• Will be responsible for meeting project deadlines/timelines in a fast-paced environment (on call 24x7)
• Will be a Lead Resource in the Network and Security Management Environment. Must have strong crisis management skills with the ability to direct work in a calm manner during stressful situations
• Must have experience Leading and Mentoring more Junior Network / Security Engineering Staff
• Design, implementation, maintenance, and support of local and remote portions of the Enterprise Network.
• Level 3 Technical Support for all Lan/Wan related operations; ongoing support and maintenance of existing Lan/Wan infrastructure including network performance tuning and monitoring, and installation / configuration of communications equipment as required
• Conduct regular security assessments of the enterprise IT environment.
• Participating in design and strategy meetings for enterprise projects.
• Installation, configuration, tuning and monitoring of our Wireless Network
• Evaluate existing communications systems, identify deficiencies and make recommendations for increased network performance.
• Will support the Local Area Network and Data Center Operations to include after hours maintenance as required.
• Develop and recommend strategies for network security, expansion and any other network enhancements by maximizing functionality of Routers, Switches, and Firewalls.
• Creation and maintenance of detailed project plans, scope of work, and other technical documentation for any/all moves, adds, and changes in regards to the Wide Area Network.
• 10 to 15 years of experience in an Enterprise Environment.
• Must have Strong, Current experience with: Network Security, Firewalls, Access/Perimeter Control, Vulnerability Assessment/Management, Intrusion Detection and Security Monitoring.
• Data Network experience including Physical Layer Infrastructure, Servers, Lan/Wan Hardware and Software, Data Transmission Facilities and Interconnecting Devices.
• Experience managing and implementing VoIP solutions within no less than 500 IP or VoIP seats.
• Cisco IOS Configuration and Administration experience is needed along with Cisco Routers (26xx, 36xx, 28xx, 38xx, and 72xx series), Cisco Switches and VLAN Implementations.
• Checkpoint Firewalls; F5 Load Balancers, IDS, VoIP, and Wireless Access Points.
• Will be experienced with Circuit Activations, Troubleshooting, and Provisioning methods and also Capacity Planning and Trend Analysis.
• Knowledge of/experience with Network General Sniffer, MRTG, and SNORT
• Proven skills with: TCP/IP Protocol Suite. IP Routing Protocols. Frame Relay, IPSEC VPN, and xDSL Technologies, OSI Model and Layered Troubleshooting.
• Solid experience with Enterprise Network Management, SNMP, Bandwidth Management and Event Correlation
• Must have the ability to organize workload for effective implementation
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels; strong customer focus with sensitivity to cultural diversity
• Must work well both independently and as an effective team member
• Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable education and experience
• Checkpoint and/or Cisco Certification a deciding plus.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Island Park, L.I., NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.