Front End Web Developer
• Develop by-hand, standards-compliant semantic HTML markup
• Advanced experience with AJAX
• Thorough knowledge of CSS (positioning, z-index, etc)
• Familiarity with performance and debugging tools like Firebug, YSlow, Charles, Fiddler, etc
• Strong understanding of cross-browser / cross-platform issues
• Interest in UI design / graphic design
• Basic knowledge of a server-side scripting language (like Perl, Ruby, PHP, etc)
Desired (but optional) skills:
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
• Proficiency with Photoshop (or GIMP, etc.)
• Proficiency with Illustrator (or Inkscape, etc.)
• ImageMagick / GD
• Understanding of internationalization / character encoding issues
• Any of HTML5 canvas / SVG / Flash / VML
• Graphic design experience
• Familiarity with Linux command line and text editors
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to New York City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, January 31, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.