• QA/Test Engineer with ability to work in a rapid delivery environment that employs an Agile/SCRUM Development Methodology.
• Must have experience in Web Applications Testing, Test Planning, Test Case Development, Bug Tracking, Post Release Follow-Up, and Internal Support.
• Must be able to clearly articulate issues to the QA Manager, Business Users and Development Team.
• 5+ years experience with web applications testing
• Experience testing eCommerce functionality
• Must have a firm operating understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols, WebServers and Web Clients
• Ability to design, write and implement test cases, and SQL queries
• Ability to test front-end and back-end functionality equally as effective
• Report and track problems by providing reproducible test cases, and working with other product team members to close bug reports
• Interface with Account Executives to provide support and gain insight into client facing support issues
• Provide the Test Lead with accurate estimates for designing and executing test cases within the context of a SCRUM sprint
• Must be able to work closely with Software Engineers and understand basic programming concepts
• Exposure to, and basic understanding of PERL programming language
• Must be proficient in Linux
• Understanding of markup languages such as HTML, MHTML, YAML, etc.
• Experience working with automation tools such as Selenium or QTP
• Experience in PERL Scripting
• Experience with Python
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to New York City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, January 31, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.