Network Security Consultant
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Network Security Consultant with a strong background in proxy/firewall infrastructure design, implementation, and management. The Senior Consultant will initially spend the majority of time working onsite at a very large financial company in Jersey City, NJ, to upgrade and expand their Blue Coat proxy and Check Point firewall infrastructures. Eventually, time will also be spent in a pre-sales role including but not limited to documenting scopes of work, performing proofs of concept, and presenting to existing and potential customers. The firm’s consultants have a great deal of autonomy, and are expected to be able to manage their time effectively.
Local travel 75% of the time will be required.
Immediate responsibilities include:
• Replacing aging Blue Coat hardware and add capacity by adding newer hardware
• Planning and implementing NTLM (AD) authentication on Blue Coat proxies
• Upgrading Blue Coat infrastructure from version 3.x and 4.x to version 5.x including Blue Coat Director
• Planning and implementing SSL termination for complete inspection of all proxies web traffic
• Integrating DLP inspection appliances with Blue Coat proxies via ICAP
• Working with the customer business teams to review and understand business logic as it relates to Check Point firewall policy, validate rules, and reduce rule and object counts significantly without compromising security
• Replacing Check Point/Nokia firewall appliances
• Supporting the ongoing effort to upgrade the Check Point SmartCenter Servers (SCS) and gateways to R65 and ultimately to R71/R75
• Documenting workflows and management of Blue Coat and Check Point infrastructure
• Troubleshooting during and after migrations during customer business and off hours maintenance windows
Add-on responsibilities include:
• Accompanying sales team in customer meetings in a consultative pre-sales role
• Gathering requirements and advising customers on product and services solutions
• Conducting demonstrations, proofs of concept, and presentations to varying levels within a customer organizations
• Delivering complex services from pre-sales information gathering and documentation to post-sales assessment, project plan development/management, architectural design and documentation, implementation, and knowledge transfer activities
• Providing high-quality documentation of work performed for customers
• Coordinating/participating in technical training and product updates with business partners
• Training/coaching other consultants within the practice
• BS degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 4-6 years of enterprise level experience designing, configuring, upgrading, and managing Blue Coat proxies
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience with Blue Coat Director
• Minimum of 4-6 years of enterprise level experience with Check Point firewalls including upgrades, policy management, VPN configuration, VRRP and ClusterXL HA on both Nokia IP appliance and Secure Platform
• Fundamental understanding of network concepts and protocols such as RIP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, STP, VRRP, WCCP, Load Balancing, and WAN Acceleration. Detailed knowledge is a plus but not required.
• Ability to demonstrate and present solid networking and security experience to customers and partners is required
• Experience in information gathering, planning, and execution of large and complex network security projects such as migrations and/or upgrades is an absolute requirement
• Experience in a pre and/or post-sales consulting position is preferred but not necessary
• Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn
• Customer service skills, communication skills, and a positive attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication is essential
• Attention to detail, comprehensive problem and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and within time constraints
• Ability to design secure networks and document using Visio
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Ability to develop and work within standard processes
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Jersey City / NY City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, January 31, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.