· The System/Network Administrator will ensure the stable operation of all computer systems and networking equipment.
· Will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of systems, hardware, software and related infrastructure.
· Will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation of the infrastructure.
· Will also assist Project Teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning Phases of our standard Project Management Methodology, including: needs analysis, benefits analysis, technical strategy; R&D within the project life-cycle; technical design analysis and support for execution, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
· Project participation is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff. Will assist the Director of Information Systems to achieve a consistent flow of project completions in an organized manner.
· Will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and Partners to achieve the highest level of uptime.
· Engineering & Design:
· Engineering of system administration and network administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
· Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage current resources and provide economies of scale.
· Assist with I.T. Application Development projects as assigned, from planning through implementation: set project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules.
· Manage and monitor project budgets and expenditures
· Facilitate discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders such as users, managers, programmers, analysts and other project managers.
· Operations and Support:
· Daily system monitoring to verify integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs and backups.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / Add new services if and when necessary.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures; perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
· As needed, contact outside vendor support services in a timely manner.
· Maintain a desktop procedures manual of important system activities while also safeguarding company confidential information.
· Assist the Director of Information Systems with various projects on an as needed basis
· Bachelor's Degree in a related I.T. area is a MUST; Advanced Degree Preferred
· Although this is a Networking/Systems position the selected Candidate Must also have a background in Applications Development
· Extensive knowledge of business software, distribution, accounting and inventory systems, networks, and related equipment; must have experience with Enterprise Server Hardware
· Absolutely must have excellent English communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with the various users, both technical and non-technical
· Strong emphasis on teamwork, organizational and analytical skills.
· The ideal Candidate will have current knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008 (R2) Administration + HyperV Management, Active Directory, DNS, DCHP, WINS, IIS, IPSEC, Exchange, Oracle Web technologies, ColdFusion VOIP and MS SQL Server a plus, VMware, Cisco Switches and CISCO ASA 5000 series Firewalls, Fortinet, HP Servers and Network Switches, EMC SAN Clarion NaviSphere CX200, Dell PS6000E, CA eTrust, ArcServe & RHA.
· Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineering Certification a plus.
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Islandia, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
(All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications)