· The Systems Engineer will design, implement, and assist with the daily operation of the enterprise infrastructure and related applications
· Will be responsible for the design, implementation and administration of the LAN/WAN and Server infrastructures, and the desktop computing environment.
· Will also have the responsibility for backups, storage (SAN, NFS, and iSCSI), clustering, and high availability technologies as well as systems automation and monitoring.
· Support corporate systems in a Windows/Intel environment, including: Windows Servers, Windows XP/7, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Terminal Services, DNS services, spam filters, intrusion detection systems, Cisco VPN and firewalls, iSCSI SAN, and VMware servers.
· Support services for all Microsoft related technologies: Exchange 2007, SQL 2005/2008, IIS, etc
· Support services for HP related technologies: ProLiant Servers and Storage (MD2000).
· Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
· Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
· System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
· Monitor backups and ensure backup integrity
· Oversee and manage operating system constructs to ensure that data is secured
· Diagnose performance and operating system issues to ensure effective processing of corporate business systems.
· Examine day to day systems processes and recommend improvements
· Evaluate the server infrastructure and associated services and provide best practices guidance related to systems architecture and management
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
· Communicate the status of support request to users and management
· Create, maintain and follow standards, policies and procedures
· Graduate degree or equivalent experience and a minimum 5+ years related experience
· Strong working knowledge of VMware, SQL server, MS Exchange 2007.
· Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology and extensive knowledge of hardware and software, with the ability to keep abreast of new technologies
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards
· Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Must be detail-oriented, have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, strong communication and documentation skills
· Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Long Island, NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.