Business Analyst (Solid SQL Skills a Must)
Will work with a small team of Applications Developers and Analysts to provide innovative solutions and functional support in the use of our software technologies for our external clients. Requires a strong ability to interface with external clients in order to define and resolve technical issues. Strong hands-on SQL skills are a critical need in this role.
· The Business Analyst will have regular contact with external Clients / Customers to explore / diagnose issues with Software/Systems. May serve as Technical Advisor during Client meetings
· Manage data conversion, database scripts, and report development tasks
· Acquiring/maintaining knowledge of customer objectives/purpose/problems. Develop scripts to update client data
· Troubleshoot any data issues as they arise
· Estimating the design, development, and deployment time for all deliverables
· Keeping management informed of progress toward project objectives and goals
· Must have strong, current knowledge of RDBMS concepts, SQL, and MS SQL Server
· Expert level data analysis and MS SQL scripting skills
· Report writing experience (Crystal Reports, SSRS: SQL Server Reporting Services)
· Working knowledge of Web-based server components and network environment
· Bachelor's degree required, Advanced Degree a plus
· Excellent organizational, time management, writing and documentation skills
· Absolutely Must have solid English communication skills with extensive User Interface experience and Strong Interpersonal / Coaching Skills
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
RESUMES SENT FROM OUTSIDE OT THE UNITED STATES WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
All candidates MUST be local to Islandia, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.