Technology Asset Manager
· Will manage all activities related to the acquisition process for all information systems, hardware and software, and related resources and services.
· Will perform financial analysis for acquisition cost-effectiveness, develop chargeback and inventory control processes, develop lease/buy models for hardware and software, and negotiating licensing agreements.
· Will coordinate, plan and execute selection criteria for enterprise computer systems' hardware, software and services.
· Responsible for negotiating with outside vendors to optimize procurement of cost-effective acquisitions is necessary.
· Will be responsible for coordinating activities associated with all Technology Asset Lifecycle Phases.
· Measure, report and manage the successful execution of Configuration & Asset Management
· Create an Asset Management Lifecycle Strategy; lead the design of our Service Asset & Configuration Management policies and processes
· Review IT resource expenditure and volume purchase agreements (hardware and software) with Senior Management
· Define equipment evaluation criteria and configuration standards; establish procedures to determine hardware and software system requirements.
· Negotiate cost-effective changes (hardware and software), based on a present and future needs analysis.
· Maintain regular contact with outside vendors; negotiate service-level agreements, and assign compliance levels.
· Maintain current knowledge of hardware and software changes, and plan for changes in response to dynamic business needs.
· Plan population & maintenance an asset management database
· Identify critical success criteria's and develop key performance indicators that can adequately measure success
· Creation, implementation and management of asset management lifecycle process for efficiency and effectiveness
· Will develop a baseline the current configuration management database (CMDB) and accuracy of the asset records and identify any gaps between the CMDB baseline plus the "current state' asset records to the "desired state"
· Define single "master data sources" within the CMDB to ensure high asset data integrity
· Drive the Continual Improvement Plan for Asset Management & Configuration Management
· Ensure a regular review of all acquisition and financial processes
· In conjunction with the support teams identify ways the type of information captured on assets can be expended to aid in the business decision making process
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.