Network Services Manager
The Network Services Manager will provide leadership, management and guidance to network services team. Will be accountable for and own all network services across the enterprise.
Responsible for the design, plan, and build of all Network Services Projects while overseeing internal staff and external service providers.
· Responsible for all Network Services projects from planning to handoff to Operations.
· Provide design recommendations for new system configurations and for existing system upgrades
· Participate in Networking Architecture in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture.
· Acts as advisor and mentor to Network Engineers. Has expert-level knowledge and experience in network design, implementation and support
· Establish and manage partnership agreements and relationships for Network service providers
· Recommend and participate in the creation and modification of Networking standards and policies.
· Provide Operations with Team 3rd Level Support; provide training and documentation to Operations Team on Network operational activities.
· Works with Operations team to create an aggressive budget for network operations and understands how to tune financials in line with service level agreements.
· Working with Operations team and/or external service providers to execute system performance, monitoring and tuning tools to proactively monitoring
· Maintain network diagrams and other documentation current.
· Builds cross functional alignment with other IT service areas and business partners to deliver optimal services
· Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in networking field, including Cisco and Microsoft Windows Networking along with at least 4 years of Management and Leadership experience
· Experience dealing with and leveraging external service providers and cloud services, including development of governance plans and service level agreements.
· Is experienced in the financial performance of the Network Operations
· Knowledge of networking protocols, communications technologies, cabling infrastructure and design, implementation, and management of WAN/LAN/SAN/WLAN services
· Direct experience in configuring and implementing Network Security Technologies such as Firewalls, VPN, Proxy Services, Encryption and IPS/IDS Solutions
· Ability to design, install and support networking components including Firewalls, Network Load Balancers, WAN compression devices, Routers, Switches, VPN Appliances and Network Management Systems
· Thorough understanding of switching protocols: STP, 802.1[m, q, s, w] 802.3ae
· Thorough understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and advanced routing and switching: BGP, EIGRP, VTP, VLAN, DMVPN, SSL VPN, etc.
· Thorough understanding of converged network services, e.g. Video, VoIP–h.323, SIP, QOS, Contact Center Solutions, etc.
· The ability to prioritize, respond to and follow through on multiple customer requests in a dynamic work environment.
· Absolutely must have strong interpersonal and Excellent English communication and writing skills.
· Strong vendor/Service Provider management skills.
· Bachelor Degree in Information Technology / Management; Advanced Degree preferred
· Cisco Certifications highly desirable. Project Management Certification a deciding plus
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Hauppauge, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
(All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications)