• Plan and organize all activities associated with the development of assigned technical projects of varying sizes.
• Provide regular updates to senior management on their development activities.
• Provide recommendations to senior management regarding type and number of resources (human, financial, tools, etc.) required to complete assigned projects.
• Solicit and obtain management authorization for development new products as well as enhancements to existing products.
• Follow up with team members as required in order to produce executive reports on assigned projects to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses.
• Create project plans using tools that facilitate task listing, upfront project labor, time and cost estimating, tracking and modification to ensure business requirements are completely satisfied, on time and within budget.
• Identify and engage all key stakeholders, contributors and business and technical resources that must participate in a projects and ensure that contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within the parameters of the project plan.
• Facilitate and participate in regular project meetings (including the ‘Product Enhancement Meeting’) to focus on business and operational issues or technical issues. Document, assign and monitor all projects issues to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress.
• Participate in daily Scrums to gather background on all scheduled tasks.
• Participate in reviews of development staff
• Provide input on reviews of development staff
• Perform reviews of development staff
• Document, assign and monitor all project issues to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress.
• Work with Product Management, QA, Documentation, and all other stakeholders including implementation and support to ensure product releases meet the delivery timeframes and are released.
• Approve vacation, sick, personal and late days of developers
• Receive and review all status reports from team members
• With senior management, define short and long-term goals for the group and group members
• Remain current on technical and professional developments affecting area of responsibility.
• 5+ years experience in the IT Industry
• Experience with multiple programming languages such as Java, .Net, or others
• Experience with Database Management (SQL Server, Oracle, others…)
• Expertise in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Crystal Reports and Visio are a plus.
• Requires technical and management skills appropriate to the position
• Requires strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
• Bachelors degree in the IT industry
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Islip, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Friday, April 29, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.