Business Intelligence Analyst
• Will be responsible for analysis, design, development, and documentation of Data Warehouse and reporting related projects and software.
• Will implement High-Performance, Scalable Web and Windows Based Applications.
• Will work with customers to analyze requirements needed to support business processes and work with internal team members to deliver solutions in support of our Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Reporting environment.
• This role requires comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies and the ability to write software design specifications.
• Must have excellent oral and written communications skills and strong customer services skills to support a diverse, international customer base.
• Requirements Analysis
• Coding Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) packages
• Dimensional Data Modeling and BI Universe/Report development.
• Provide input to BI team and help to achieve goals through the implementation of BI Best Practices.
• ETL Program and Mapping Development (specify, develop, test, deploy) using defined project methodology and internal standards as well as develop data transformation processes, automating load processes and maintain and update cleansing and validation process.
• Must have Strong Dimensional Data Modeling and OLAP Cube Design.
• Must have experience with analytics or quantitative business intelligence/metrics/reporting
• Must have experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (Report design with SSRS, development with BIDS and SSIS, deployment)
• Must have experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (Cube design, development, and management)
• Must have experience in data warehouse design strategies, knowledge in Data Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, and Data Mining
• Experience using Kimball approach in data warehouse implementation
• Experience using Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) to create shared solutions with Analysis Services and Reporting Services
• Experience in using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for writing Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) integration solutions
• Experience with change data capture capabilities of SQL Server 2008
• Expertise in T-SQL, MDX, DMX
• Experience implementing data mining models using SQL Server Analysis Services
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Product Suite
• Experience in data visualization and data analysis using PowerPivot for Excel
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science
• Must have strong oral and written English communication skills; knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Great Neck, L.I., NY.
Please do not refer / apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.