IT Systems Administrator
· Administers network server infrastructure and initiates new responsibilities to improve the management and administration of the network server infrastructure.
· Performs capacity planning for future growth and expansion of the network server infrastructure; improves efficiencies in server hardware, storage area network and network attached storage environments and ensures network server resources meet requirements for continuous business availability.
· Monitors and maintains Enterprise Level PCI / Security Compliant Logging System (SIEM). Produces management reports to ensure compliance and alert on security or PCI threats. Monitors, logs and executes procedures produced from an enterprise server monitoring / event system. Ensures security standards are practiced and attends security control meetings. Adheres to all defined standards for naming, documentation, and security with regards to our network server related systems
· Performs processes related to data integrity of all network server-related systems to ensure high availability and accuracy including backup, off-site storage, etc. Performs hands-on advanced (2nd) technical troubleshooting to solve server and PC related problems. Implements a server consolidation strategy consistent with providing tiered services to customers: solutions to include Blade, SAN, NAS, CAS and virtual technologies.
· Implements data archiving solutions; implements remote management support capabilities. Implements disaster recovery procedures, technologies and tools.
· Ensures internal and external customer satisfaction driving towards maximized customer service at all times. Implements initiatives to enhance customer satisfaction where necessary.
· Performs hardware installs and configurations of all network server systems. Performs software installs and updates on all network server based systems and network infrastructure. Implements server related projects in conjunction with internal and external resources. Performs system monitoring processes and creates reports for all network server based systems.
· Schedules, monitors and reports on all network server backup jobs and adjusts backup schedules to guarantee data availability and system performance. Performs all system and data restores to support business requirements.
· Adheres to all network server related project budgets and takes corrective action as necessary.
· Supports Citrix Thin Client Environment, Desktop Inventory, Remote Control and Software Distribution Infrastructure.
· Maintains leading-edge knowledge of PC/network server related technologies.
· Evaluates and/or recommends purchases; has strong influence on purchasing process.
· Ensures the confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Produces and presents weekly status reports for management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related experience required.
· Must have strong, current Server Infrastructure Support experience of Intel and/or AMD based systems: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, and/or Unix and Linux Servers.
· Microsoft Active Directory experience is a must have as is Scripting experience
· Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts is required; must be able to configure NFS and NIS, can use nslookup or dig to check information in the DNS, and understands basic routing concepts.
· Will have current experience with Citrix, Network Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, etc), Switches, Firewalls, Routers, VLANS, Networking Concepts, ESX and VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Backup Systems (i.e. ArcServe, Legato), and with Data Storage Technologies, such as NAS, SAN, and RAID configurations
· Strong Microsoft Office skills are needed
· Ability to work cross functionally with Application development and Business Users. Strong ability to document business requirements, technical documentation, and technical support documentation is necessary
· Excellent English oral and written communications skills are a must
· MCSE Certification strongly preferred
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Farmingdale, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ