Finance - Technology Business Analyst
· The IT Finance Business Analyst works with business units to provide value-added solutions that improve our business. Will be accountable for understanding business problems, delivering actionable insights, implementing new capabilities and processes with our business teams, and ensuring that projects and services add measurable business value.
· Combining analytic skills and business understanding, the Analyst will work directly with business leaders to identify options, then conduct and deliver solutions to various issues. Strong communications and leadership skills are required as the work will involve significant collaboration with other analysts, internal business partners, suppliers, and customers.
· The Analyst will also be responsible for mentoring of peers, technical solution development and delivery, deployment, validation, testing and troubleshooting of AS/400 and Oracle EBS Solutions. Current experience with Oracle EBS experience a plus; AS/400 experience a plus. Will also be responsible for integration with other enterprise applications and back-office systems.
· Experience with multi-site configurations, hybrid environments, and large system administration is a plus.
· Analyze business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for automation of processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed. Will understand technological trends and use this knowledge to bring solutions to supported business units to enhance our competitive edge.
· Develop in-depth business, domain, analytical, and systems knowledge for building relevant finance solutions and services.
· Work in multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities. Consult with and coach business teams on appropriate uses of data, analytical solutions, and tools.
· Client Management & Communication:
Responsible for serving as a liaison between the Finance community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Responsible to communicate with management as required.
· Project Management:
Responsible for all aspects of project management: research and analysis, project planning and coordination, requirements gathering and design, development and testing, deployment and release strategy, training and education, reporting and measurement, and ongoing support.
· Vendor Management:
Work collaboratively with external vendors to support and enhance existing solutions, or deploy new technologies. Manage project budgets, timelines, and resource allocation.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Finance or related area, MBA a plus.
· Strong, current experience as a Business Analyst in support of a financial area
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, SQL experience a must
· Experience with Business Process Mapping and analysis. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
· Comfortable working with changing business scenarios and possess strong analytical/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude along with an ability to influence others to take action
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, Program and/or Portfolio Management experience a plus
· Oracle EBS experience a plus; AS/400 experience a plus
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are an absolute must
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ