Imaging Applications Development Engineer
Well established, 40+ year old Transportation Products and Services Company is seeking an Applications Engineer to work at our Nesconset, NY offices.
· Perform Software Design and Development to enhance and expand our OCR Solution for Large Volumes of Documents and Images
· Design and Develop a Web User-Interface for Data Queries
· Responsible for the Customization, Installation, and Maintenance of 3rd Party Tools
· Will Configure Software to Support Internal Processes
· Will follow established Development Best Practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Methodologies
· Test and Validate all Software to ensure that it is functioning as intended
· Troubleshoot and resolve problems with Production Systems
· Create documentation for all systems developed
· BS/BA in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
· Current Development experience using .Net Framework and C#
· Must possess good knowledge of T-SQL and a working knowledge of SQL Server and/or Oracle Databases.
· Will ideally have Development experience in Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Software such as Abbyy, Acrobat, LeadTools, etc.; will have a solid understanding of Imaging File Formats, Data Extraction, OCR, ICR, Barcode Recognition, or Document Separation Methods
· Will be a Creative Problem Solver with a Solutions Oriented Mindset
· Must be able to work independently and also as part of a local or remote team
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Nesconset, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ