· Will Direct the planning and design for our Distributed Server Architecture and Engineering environments and oversee Management of Enterprise Wide Distributed Server Infrastructure Environment (1K plus Servers) and of both internal and external staff
· Manage any outsourcing of hardware, virtualization, operating systems and middleware
· Develop and implement system management/monitoring service level agreements consistent with ITIL processes for operational efficiency and systems availability. Oversee transition of current reactive state of ITIL to a pro-active capacity planning state.
· Improves proactive capabilities for providing high system availability and disaster recovery mechanisms for all servers. Deals with capacity planning for future growth and expansion of the network server infrastructure; improves efficiencies in server hardware, storage area network and network attached storage.
· Prepares cost-benefit and return on equity analysis for all Operating Expenses. Leverage spending to optimize and/or consolidate current contracts. Prepares operating budgets. Ensures adherence to these budgets and takes corrective action if and when necessary.
· Oversee improve the management and administration of the server infrastructure.
· Responsible for total cost of ownership; drives the reduction of energy requirements for all networked server and storage hardware in the enterprise. Includes electrical power, cooling, network and data center space.
· Drives reduction in systems operational work load by improving on server administration capabilities.
· Ensures that team backups are in place for all areas of server administration.
· Design and implement remote management support capabilities.
· Responsible for Enterprise Architecture for Windows, VMware, Citrix, Middleware, Linux and Unix Server Operating Systems and Applications.
· Designs and implements data archiving solutions; sets documentation standards and ensures all documents are current.
· Attends and participates in weekly change control meetings. Ensures attendance is met for all operational weekly meetings including security control, project estimating, disaster recovery planning and company initiatives such as acquisition integration and ERP implementations.
· Plans for quarterly Disaster Recovery tests. Ensures regular test procedures are in place and executed.
· Ensures all aspects of server infrastructure to meet PCI annual DSS requirements. Assigns team owners to ensure vulnerabilities are known and have remediation plans in place.
· Ensures receipt of internal audit documentation and reports in a timely manner
· Maintains on-call escalation process to ensure systems availability
· Ensures adherence to server related project budgets and takes corrective action as necessary.
· Maintains leading-edge knowledge of Server related technologies.
· Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
· BA/BS Degree, Advanced Degree a plus
· Seven plus years IT Server Infrastructure Engineering and Architecture experience including five years of supervision / staff management is required
· Strong, current experience in supporting Windows and Active Directory (to 2013 and Office 365) along with hands-On experience with Linux, Unix, and Middleware
· MCSE Certification or relevant experience is required
· Advanced understanding of Unix / Linux scripting, Active Directory, VMware, and Citrix
· Hands-On experience with Network Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, etc...), Switches, Firewalls, Routers, VLANS, and Networking Concepts. Advanced understanding of Networking/Distributed Computing Environment Concepts to include configuring NFS, NIS, WINS, DNS. Will have a strong knowledge of Routing Concepts
· As a Hands-On Manager, will demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills with Hardware, OS, Application issues, Browsers and Web Servers along with advanced knowledge of System Administration Tools, Processes and Procedures
· Advanced knowledge with aspects of systems administration to include: configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems, security, and installing third-party software
· Design experience with SAP or Oracle ERP Infrastructure is preferred
· Strong current MS Office skills are a must
· Will have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain partner and vendor relationships
· Absolutely must have Strong Interpersonal and English Communication Skills and the ability to interface with internal and external audiences at all levels
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Farmingdale, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, NO Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ