Unix Administrator, Lead
We have an immediate need for a Senior Unix Administrator working within our Island Park, NY location as well as working at offsite data centers and satellite offices in the eastern US.
• Systems design, planning, hardware/software installation, hardening, maintenance, and upgrades to UNIX systems and infrastructure components.
• Backup and restore of data, business continuity methods and policies, system high availability and disaster recovery strategy and testing.
• Proactive monitoring of UNIX systems environment and problem resolution, user support, system application support and Operating System support.
• Maintaining UNIX environment documentation including standard operating procedures.
• Some overnight travel may be necessary to offsite data center and satellite offices in eastern US.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Team Supervisor or Lead Engineer
• Must have strong Solaris Operating System experience supporting mission critical, large enterprise environment especially Solaris 10 on Intel and Sparc Architectures
• Solid experience with NAS and SAN Technologies, preferable experience with Sun Storage Solutions
• Experience coordinating projects including setting scope, delegating tasks and overseeing timelines and deliverables
• Experience in Solaris containers technology; open source personalization (Apache, Tomcat); patching / Jumpstart
• Experience with LDAP / AD integration experience preferred
• NIS, YP Command, Sudo, and Integration Tools
• Strong scripting skills: Shell Scripting and/or PERL
• Extensive Knowledge of Solaris UNIX Server Hardware Components, Unix File Systems (QFS, ZFS…) and Unix/Linux Security Hardening
• Adept at researching technology solutions
• Proven analytical and trouble shooting skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work within strict deadlines and with a wide spectrum of people
• BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Database experience is preferred
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Island Park, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, September 17, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.