Project Manager (Hands-On)
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing projects through the software development lifecycle including gathering user requirements, project planning, resource planning and management (both internal and external). We are seeking a self-starter with strong communication and problem solving skills. The selected candidate will have a hands-on Development background as opposed to a Business Analysis background
• Manage the delivery of systems initiatives through the systems development lifecycle.
• Facilitate end user meetings to gather business requirements.
• Develop and monitor the project plan and project budgets.
• Manage change control process.
• Manage internal and external project team members.
• Involved in recruiting, interviewing and staffing of the project team.
• Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5-7+ years of experience as a Project Manager.
• Experience managing large scale projects throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Skilled in working with Microsoft Project or comparable Project Management system.
• Ability to facilitate focus groups/end user meetings to gather business requirements.
• Experience writing requirements and technical documentation.
• Experience managing internal and external systems developers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must be willing to travel to remote locations (New York Tri-State area).
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Hauppauge, Long Island, NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, September 17, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.