Sr. Manager, eCommerce Applications (L.I., NY)
Overview:• The Manager of eCommerce Applications will support B2C and B2B eCommerce Applications for the firm’s web sites.
• Will be responsible for managing and monitoring the day to day activities of the eCommerce development team, which is comprised of developers and analysts.
• Will act as a liaison between the business user communities and the Corporate IT organization in support of Business Process Enhancements, System Development and Implementation, and Production Support.
• Will work closely with the Web Infrastructure and DBA Teams on new system development and day to day production support.
• Oversees the planning, development, delivery, and support of applications from inception through project customer acceptance, to deliver and maintain high quality, highly scalable systems that meet business objectives.
• Serves as the primary point of contact from project/program inception to delivery.
• Manages eCommerce development team, including technical resources and analysts.
• Directs teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard practices.
• Works with business unit managers and forms effective alliances on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements/conflicts, and vendor contract clarification.
• Defines and develops project management infrastructure, manages a methodology driven quality plan, monitors and controls the quality of the deliverable, and manages the project completion process through customer acceptance.
• Where packaged products are used, seeks to maximize use/configuration of out-of-box capabilities, rather than customization or “from scratch” development.
• Defines and monitors multiple projects, provides technical and administrative supervision.
• Engages with outsourcing vendors to effectively manage resources and hire and retain qualified talent.
• Participates in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality improvement activities for the organization.
• Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing projects and programs.
• May participate in contract negotiation and administration.
• BA/BS Degree required.
• Will have a minimum of 10-12 years of IT and business work experience, including 3 or more years with eCommerce applications.
• Must have experience managing the implementation of eCommerce web sites, management and delivery of large-scale web sites and managing teams.
• Experience with IBM WebSphere Commerce, IBM Portal platform operations, and J2EE a plus.
• Absolutely must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; must possess very strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management and staff.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Long Island, NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, September 17, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.