Information Security Manager
• The Security Manager will provide leadership for the Technical Security Team in Engineering, Planning, Design, Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Support of the firm’s Technical Security Infrastructure, ensuring reliable, secure, and high performance data communication services.
• Will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive information security and privacy program for the enterprise. This includes the management and auditing of systems and processes to ensure that when confidential information is created, acquired, or maintained it is used for its intended purpose and to protect this information from internal and external security breaches.
• Will ensure the organization complies with statutory and regulatory requirements and standards regarding information storage, access, security and privacy.
• The Manager of Information Security reports directly to the Director of Information Security and Risk Management and is a member of the Infrastructure & Operations Team.
• As we have a global presence, this position requires some domestic and international travel. +/-15%.
• Manage the Technical Security Staff at various locations in architecting, designing, implementing and supporting security solutions and standards for the global enterprise.
• Perform assessments of needs and response to problems, test and install new security software, both network related and application specific, and provide users with technical assistance and training
• Will be the escalation point for customer support and will ensure staff scheduling supports uptime demands
• Disaster recovery planning and support
• Participation in budget planning and cost savings initiatives
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
• Minimum of 10 years of related experience in managing a systems engineering, security administration, or development team. Will have had previous experience as a Systems Architect or Developer.
• Must have a strong hands-on operations background with solid experience in all aspects of data center and network operations and experience managing staff in a 24x7x365 data center environment
• Strong understanding of security technologies and strategies, including but not limited to: Security Investigations, Firewall, IDS, Policy Management, Security Processes/Best-Practice, Logging/Monitoring, Antivirus, Vulnerability Management, Systems Infrastructure Architecture including servers, web tier application tier / DB tier architecture and in developing proactive security patch levels, virus protection, and similar processes
• Experience selecting technology needs based on business objectives and managing relationships with technology suppliers with the ability to lead security engineering and security best-practice efforts
• Experience managing technology deployment projects and effective use of project planning tools and techniques
• Strong communication skills along with strong strategic and analytical skills at a corporate enterprise level
• Strong Experience with large scale networks, virtualization, high-availability and high-scale systems and large storage arrays
• Solid understanding of network topologies / design: routing, switching, and MPLS/VPLS
• Solid Understanding of network and system attack knowledge along with Linux and Windows system administration
• Expert level knowledge in designing and managing complex Juniper firewall infrastructures, technology, design and administration
• Experience with Juniper NetScreen and Junos, Bigip v9.4, Juniper SA, Point-to-point VPN, and DNS
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Huntington, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, September 17, 2012
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.