Major International B2C Sales and Marketing Firm is seeking an experienced Software Engineer who is skilled in Developing Applications using Java. Our Firm places a premium on continuous process improvement that is responsive to customer needs and supplier wants. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate during this exciting stage of growth and change.
· Java Development: Candidate must have strong, current experience working as a Java Developer.
· The ideal candidate would also have experience using WebSphere Integration Edition and be Skilled in Building Web Services. Knowledge of DB2 and IBM Portal desirable.
· Full Lifecycle Application Development: Designing, Coding and Debugging Applications in Various Software Languages.
· Software Analysis, Code Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Software Review, Identification of Code Metrics, System Risk Analysis, Software Reliability Analysis.
· Object-Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
· Software Modeling and Simulation; Front End Graphical User Interface Design; Software Testing and Quality Assurance; Support, Maintain and Document Software Functionality; Integrate Software with Existing Systems.
· Project Planning and Project Management; Evaluate and Identify New Technologies for Implementation.
· Implement Localization or Globalization of Software; Maintain Standards Compliance.
· Build and Modify Enterprise Applications, Develop Web Applications and Client Server Applications.
· Develop Modifications and Enhancements to Application Software as Directed by Management.
· Follow Software Development Best Practices to Ensure Compliance With MIS Standards; Develop Project Plans and Meet Schedules; Perform Service Calls on Application Software if Operations Group Cannot Resolve
· Create Documentation Required in The Software Development Process, including Software Requirement Specifications, Software Design Descriptions, Verification and Validation Plans, and Other Items as required. Write Test Plans for Each Level of Software Verification, including Unit Tests, Functional Tests, Integration Test, and System Tests. Take Personal Responsibility to Ensure that Tests are Carried Out Properly.
· Participate in Team Reviews to Communicate and Validate Decisions
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Strong, current proficiency in Web Design, JAVA, SQL, Data Modeling, and Eclipse Tools
· Programming Experience in Retail/Wholesale Systems Environments
· Ability to Exercise Independent Judgment and work Independently
· Strong Interpersonal, English Oral and Written Communication Skills are a must
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Plainview, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ