· The primary focus of this position is in Consulting and Business Development, Implementation, and Support of Unified Computing System (UCS) and Virtualized environments.
· This will be a client-facing role focused on developing Cisco-centric Unified Computing strategies and architectures and will be responsible for leading, planning, and overseeing consulting engagements and projects.
· Will set goals, oversee implementation from a technical perspective, and evaluate results to ensure objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and expectations of our Clients.
· Must stay current on industry best practices, emerging technologies and manufacturer technology offerings and must be able to provide mentoring, training, and support for our Technical Teams and our Sales Team.
· The Solutions Consultant will perform a broad range of tasks related to successful Architecture, Design and Implementations including Unified Computing Solutions Server and Blade Architecture and Design, Virtualization, Network and IP Telephony Readiness Assessment, Unified Communications Architecture and Design, Bill of Materials Generation, Quality Assurance Testing, System Implementation, Knowledge Transfer and Design and As-Built Documentation Development
· Working with our Sales and Technical teams to prospect and develop Cisco Unified Computing and Virtualization opportunities including architecture design, implementation, and support opportunities.
· Designing, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for Virtualized and/or UCS installations, as necessary
· Responsible for overseeing all Virtualized and Server opportunities
· Responsible for engaging Cisco Sales and Technical Contacts as required for knowledge and business development for Unified Computing
· Continuous assessment of Practice performance to enable changes to the business model and execution to realign as needed for optimal performance
· Assessment of technical skills and knowledge of Engineering Team to plan for training and certifications, as needed
· Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science and strong, current Technology experience
· The ideal Candidate will have his/her CCIE Certification. The following Certifications are a deciding plus: Cisco CCNP and VMware VCP
· Must have strong, current Server and Virtualization Architecture Design and Implementation experience for mid-size and enterprise environments.
· Cisco Unified Computing Servers, Nexus Core Switch Portfolio and VMware 5.x is required
· Will have current experience with Storage Area Networks including EMC, NetApp and Dell
· FlexPod and Citrix XenServer experience is preferred.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the Internet (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, SPAM, etc.)
· Installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure.
· Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection (preferred)
· Responsible for configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and server systems.
· Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance.
· Virtualization architecture design, implementation and support
· Exceptional client management skills, issue resolution and troubleshooting
· Strong attention to detail in regards to Architecture Design, Bill of Material development, Project Planning and Documentation
· Strong organizational Skills and an exceptional work ethic
· Ability to apply judgment, implement solutions, and resolve conflicts, all in a multi-tasked environment
· Ability to assist sales in a highly competitive field
· Ability to grow and cultivate a highly-performing technical staff
· Must possess excellent verbal, written and presentation communications skills
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ