The Manager, Business Intelligence Solutions will lead the Solutions Team and report to the VP of Commercial Solutions. Will be responsible for managing the development and support of Global BI applications and also for managing a mixed team of BI Developers (Employees, Consultants and Offshore). Provide expert guidance/leadership to their direct reports on BI development standards including regular code review, building prototypes, build management and optimization to continually improve the state of the BI capabilities provided to the firm through regular release management and new projects. Collaborate with business stakeholders, technical and cross-functional project teams to refine business requirements, create technical requirements and develop solutions. Engage in periodic discrete R&D efforts to evaluate new functionality within existing products as well as understanding and recommendation of new technologies.
· Lead the Business Intelligence Solutions team\Management of technology vendor relationships, including contract execution and scope definition.
· Manage project budgets, timelines, and resource allocation and assignments.
· Responsible for the serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
· Responsible for communicate with Senior Managers and Department Managers
· Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects; define staffing requirements & responsibilities, and set deadlines based on documented project plan.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals & objectives of the business area.
· Strong analytical skills; detail oriented
· 5 - 7 years working with relational databases
· Oracle OBIEE, Oracle 11g and Oracle Retail Data Model (preferred)
· Microsoft Business Intelligence
· MS SQL
· Dimensional Insights (Diver)
· Vendor management and client management & communications
· BS Degree in technical discipline
· Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication abilities
· Ability to partner with others, identify/anticipate needs and proactively provide support
· Excellent written, communication and organization skills
· Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
· Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong time management and organization skills
This is a permanent, full time position, NOT a Contract
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ