Software Developer – Ruby and/or Python
Seeking an Experienced Web Developer with UNIX and Mac Based Experience to Become Part of an Intimate Team Developing Dynamic Web Applications. Must have the Ability to Work Across All Application Tiers (Front-End, Back-End, API Layer). We Offer a State of the Art Environment and an Opportunity to Use and Play with the Latest Technologies
• Will have experience with Ruby on Rails or Strong Python experience with exposure to Ruby.
• Must have Experience Building Dynamic Web Sites with Frameworks such as Rails, Sinatra,
• Must have experience with Full Lifecycle Development
• Demonstrated Ability to Create Modular, Object Oriented Clear, Maintainable Code Utilizing Design Patterns and Other Best Practices
• Strong Unix Skills are Required (Linux/FreeBSD), Mac OS X is a deciding plus
• Will have Strong Data Modeling and Database Skills (MySQL is Ideal)
• Will have Experience with NoSQL Data Stores (MongoDB, Redis, Riak, HBase, etc…)
• Agile Development Methodology Experience including Rapid Prototyping, Test Driven Development (TDD, BDD), Continuous Integration, etc…
• Design and Implementation Experience with API's and Service Components using REST, RPC, Messaging, etc…
• Web Server Configuration and Application Deployment (Apache, Tomcat, Capistrano, NGINX…)
• Will have a Solid Base of a Variety of Programming Languages and Methodologies (The More, The Better)
• Absolutely MUST have Strong English Communication Skills, Oral and Written
• Will have Demonstrated Experience Working Independently Under Minimal Supervision and in Team Environments
Nice to Have:
• Hadoop and/or Related Technologies (HBase, Hive, Flume, Pig, etc…)
• Semantic Web Standards and/or Related Tools.
• Experience with search engines (Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, etc.)
• Experience automating deployments with Capistrano and Chef (or similar tools)
• Knowledge of Coffeescript, HAML, SASS.
• HTML/CSS Templating with HAML, Compass/SASS, Less Frameworks, XML, XSLT, or XPath.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to NY City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES WILL NOT BE READ
Monday, January 13, 2014
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.