Senior Network Engineer
· Will provide Design and Support for all aspects of Network Infrastructure: LAN/WAN, Hardware, Software, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Management Systems, and Monitoring Systems.
· Responsible for monitoring LAN/WAN devices including traffic and utilization trends.
· Design, specify, and document the LAN/WAN Infrastructure in consultation with the Technology Organization and according to User needs. Document and audit cabling configurations.
· Will provide diagnoses, resolution, and documentation in all aspects of supporting, implementing and managing an enterprise network environment. Resolve hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate manner.
· Will work closely with LAN/WAN Users to evaluate performance needs and goals and make recommendations which will enhance operations and availability of the Network Environments
· Ensures that the performance and availability of the network infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards in order that maximum productivity is achieved.
· Design, Configuration, Implementation, and Support of all network components including Day-to-Day Operations of Hosting environments
· Manage Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
· Analysis of complex network problems and coordination of resolutions, provide troubleshooting and diagnostic services.
· Conduct and assists in product evaluations and research, including beta testing and analysis of network tools, hardware and software.
· Maintain complete detail technical documentation of the network environment.
· Other functions include reviewing contracts with Service Providers, analyzing new technologies and determining their applicability in the firm's network, analyzing current WAN bandwidth usage and forecasting future requirements, and providing support in troubleshooting routing, switching and circuit problems
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems related field or Equivalent work experience along with at least 5 years of hands-on experience in the installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of multi-user, multi-protocol networks. Will have Large Enterprise experience with significantly distributed infrastructures
· Must have extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN based technologies and protocols, including Frame Relay, Packet Switching, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switching and Cisco router based networking
· Hands-on experience using Cisco and other networking products, including Load Balancers, switches, VPN devices, and routers. Will have an In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure Security, ideally hands-on Cisco PIX Firewalls, VPN and Remote Access technologies
· CiscoWorks VMS and LMS experience a plus.
· Must have significant experience in developing and implementing sound operational procedures
· Must have current experience with design and implementation of large complex networks and with coordinating vendors, carriers and other service provider activities
· Must have Full Project Life Cycle experience including managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring the project completes on time and on budget. Must have worked on a project from beginning to end that involved a major Network rollout
· Must have worked on a project or been intricately involved, in a business analysis and eventual deployment of a new technology such as VOIP, IP Video, Wireless LANs, etc...
· Knowledge of electronic messaging, operations management, IP voice (VoIP), computer systems and database applications are a plus.
· Absolutely must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be open to working occasional extended hours and be on-call for after-hours and weekend support.
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, No Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ