Director of Software Engineering
• Must be a High Energy Manager who can Lead, Motivate, and Inspire groups of High Tech Developers in Agile environments as well as train new Managers to continue the growth of the firm.
• The ideal candidate will have solid E-Commerce experience and will have been a Developer in Open Source Agile environments who has moved into Management.
• MUST have experience both in very large scale environments and in Start-Up situations
• Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity and open communication, as well as one that demands discipline and results
• Build a first-class Engineering team that will scale as the company grows, identifying and filling any organizational gaps. Will have full responsibility for the output of the Engineering team
• Work with and train other developers to lead and manage their own teams
• Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency
• Investigate, analyze, and evangelize (if necessary) programming methodologies such as test-driven development, XP, etc.
• Perform personnel management tasks for all developers, including hiring, firing, performance reviews, promotions, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth
• Train new developers on our standards, culture, and policies
• Attend all developer meetings and take responsibility for resolving problems
• Work with the Chief Architect to help refine and improve the codebase
• Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders
• Proven track record of meeting aggressive schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
• Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
• Experience with and enthusiasm for agile principles and values
• Strong analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that the highest priority objectives are met
• Experience working with Perl and building complex, highly available systems
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract).
Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to NY City.
Please do not apply/refer if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.