Oracle Database Administrator
Large, Suffolk County based manufacturing firm is seeking an experienced Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) to help support a large number of Oracle based applications. Must have current experience with the design, implementation and production support of multiple Oracle products.
· Will be responsible for all Oracle 10g/11g DBA duties including installation, configuration, capacity planning, upgrades, performance tuning, backup and recovery. Ensure backup and recovery of all Oracle data using RMAN and Standby Databases
· Will perform installations, upgrades and patch management of Oracle E-Business Suite and other Oracle based environments.
· Help support code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of development life cycle and will coordinate with support teams and business units to schedule off hour database maintenance.
· Automate and script repetitive maintenance tasks to optimize database performance (indexes, backup jobs, restores, loads, etc.)
· Clone and refresh non-prod environments with production data.
· Train and educate other, more junior DBA Staff Members
· Raise, follow-up, and resolve service support tickets with Oracle support
· Develop and document formal processes and procedure
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Advanced Degree preferred.
· Must have current, strong Production Oracle DBA experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Solid, current experience with Oracle Real Time Application Clusters (RAC) 11g with ASM or NFS.
· Will have significant experience supporting Oracle E-Business Suite in a Linux environment.
· Exposure to managing multiple databases using Oracle 11g Grid Control or Enterprise Manager.
· Well-versed with PL/SQL, SQL and Unix/Linux shell programming
· Proven experience designing highly available and disaster recovery database solutions using Data Guard.
· Should be experienced with SQL/SSIS
· Strong Linux experience (Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux)
· Experience supporting Demantra, Seibel UCM, Siebel Loyalty, and Oracle Retail products a big plus
· Experience with Exadata and Exalogic Hardware is a plus.
· Must have excellent English communication skills to work on a daily basis with management, functional and development support teams, system administrators, and vendors
· Must be able to manage multiple projects and workloads in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
· Must have solid Project Management skills to lead Database related projects.
· Must be able to work well independently and within team environments
· Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) or related Certification is ideal
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
Resumes from outside of the US will not be read