Infrastructure Security Engineer
· Will provide engineering, planning, design, installation, configuration, maintenance and support of the firm’s technical security infrastructure, including Internet, Intranet, and Extranet connectivity.
· The goal is to ensure reliable, secure, high performance data communication services.
· Will be responsible for implementation, maintenance and monitoring of all systems used to accomplish security within our framework.
· Must keep abreast of emerging technologies and threats, and make informed decisions as to how to best implement new technologies and prevent risk to the enterprise.
· Will report to the Manager of Information Security as a member of the Infrastructure & Operations Team.
· Develop and promote information security policies and standards. Consult with technology and business units regarding risks, standards of due care and appropriate information safeguards.
· Research and analysis of emerging technologies.
· Support and maintenance of systems, including monitoring firewalls, VPN and intrusion detection system logs for malicious activity and attack patterns, and vulnerability scanning and remediation.
· Security-related systems design and implementation.
· 3rd level support and troubleshooting of network/network security related problems.
· Perform needs assessments and respond to problems; test and install new security software, both network related and application specific, and provide users with technical assistance and training.
· Initiate Incident Reports (IRs) and escalate if needed.
· Experience coordinating disaster recovery efforts including design, documentation, and testing.
· This position may require up to 15% domestic and international travel.
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or experience.
· Eight to ten years of related experience in performing network, systems, and security engineering.
· Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of data center and network operations.
· Strong, current knowledge of security technologies and strategies including : security investigations, firewall, IDS, policy management, security processes/best-practice, logging/monitoring, antivirus, vulnerability assessment, patch management, systems infrastructure architecture including: servers, web tier, application tier and DB tier architecture.
· Consult with other IT teams and business units regarding risks, standards of due care and appropriate information safeguards; develop and promote information security policies and standards.
· Analytical mindset to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought. Provide extensive research to develop innovative solutions.
· Experience with large scale networks, virtualization, high-availability, and large storage arrays.
· Knowledge in design, management and administration of complex firewall infrastructures, and technology design
· Solid understanding of network topologies / design: routing, switching, and MPLS/VPLS
· Solid understanding of up-to-date attack vectors and penetration methods and countermeasures.
· Experience with mobile device security and BYOD controls.
· Experience with enterprise-wide DLP implementations.
· Experience with perimeter-based content management and threat protection utilizing proxy technologies as well as zero-day threat discovery and prevention.
· Must have a solid, current understanding of LINUX and Windows system administration. Windows infrastructure security is a plus.
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Farmingdale, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ