Senior UNIX Administrator
Immediate need for a Senior UNIX Administrator in our Wilmington, Delaware location; will also support offsite data centers and satellite offices in the eastern US.
Will be responsible for providing daily operational systems administration task for our UNIX environment to include:
• Hardware and Operating System Installation
• Performing Backups
• System Configuration
• System Hardening
• Application Support
• Unix Project Work
• 5 - 7 years of Solaris O/S experience in support of mission critical, large enterprise environments, ideally Solaris 10 on Intel and Sparc architecture
• Experience (2+ years) with NAS and SAN technologies, preferable Sun Storage Solutions
• Experience coordinating projects to include setting scope, delegating tasks and overseeing timelines and deliverables
• Experience with Solaris Containers Technology and Open Source Personalization (Apache, Tomcat)
• Experience with patching/Jumpstart
• In-depth knowledge of LDAP integration
• Experience with NIS, YP Command, Sudo, and Integration Tools
• Proven Scripting skills in one of the following: Shell or Perl
• Strong Knowledge of Solaris Server Hardware Components, Unix File Systems (QFS, ZFS, …) and Unix/Linux Security Hardening
• Proven analytical and trouble shooting skills; adept at researching technology solutions
• Any Database experience is a big plus
• Will have experience utilizing change and incident management systems to achieve high-availability of enterprise systems
• Must have strong English communication skills, both oral and written along with solid documentation skills
• BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
• Occasional travel (overnight) may be necessary to offices on the East Coast
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Wilmington, DE
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, October 31, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.