Director, Credit Underwriting & Periodic Review
Major Payment and Data Processing Firm has an immediate need for a Director Underwriting & Periodic Review to manage all Underwriting and Periodic Review Processes for Direct Acquired Merchant Portfolios.
• Perform in-depth credit analysis and write-up findings/recommendations on large new prospect merchant credit applications for both U.S. and Canadian direct acquiring.
• Supervise, review and sign-off on Credit Analyst’s daily work flow and insure adherence to documented underwriting policies & procedures.
• Serve as escalation point-of-contact to communicate with internal and external sales organizations and sponsor banks on all steps of the underwriting process.
• Implement monthly underwriting activity tracking and reporting.
• Insure departmental adherence to internal and external SLA’s.
• Update and maintain underwriting policies and procedures documentation as needed.
• Restructure and proactively monitor problem accounts and negotiate collateral/security as required and insure adequate merchant reserve accounting and reporting.
• Develop and implement an on-going credit-monitoring program (Periodic Review).
• Implement cohesive referral process between underwriting, periodic review and fraud/risk management.
• Implement credit rating system designed to monitor and report monthly contingent risk/revenue exposures.
• Supervise other teammates.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related capacity
• The ideal candidate will have Merchant Acquiring experience.
• Proven, current experience in commercial lending or commercial credit card underwriting / credit analysis.
• Strong experience analyzing and interpreting both financial and non-financial information to determine and recommend acceptable deal structures and minimize risk exposure.
• Must have very strong financial statement analysis skills and experience using financial statement analysis software.
• Will have experience with both business and personal credit bureau reports.
• Strong computer literacy with solid MS Office experience and the ability to learn new and customized programs.
• Absolutely must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related
• Occasional Travel and additional work time may be required.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Island Park, L.I., NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Monday, October 31, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.